Notices

Downhill slope

Old 09-05-2017, 01:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Downhill slope

Hello everyone my names Logan and this is my first post to SR. A little about me is I'm 20 years old 150 lbs and been drinking for approximately 3 years now. Started off as most people do in high school and only drinking on the weekends and what not wasn't any different than everyone else at the time. In the past 6-8 months or so I've noticed a pretty significant increase in my consumption levels. I'll go 4-5 days in a row probably 2-3 times a month having 5-8 shots of liquor with 2-3 beers a night so obviously getting pretty drunk often. If I was an outsider looking in at my current situation I would call myself an alcoholic even though I don't thinj of myself as one. Clearly I am slipping down the slippery slope and I've been around long enough to know it's very easy to go from my situation to the next stages up that consisting on the need to drink DAILY because of withdrawals and physical addiction and all of that. My question for the SR family is if anyone has advice or personal experiences similar to mine and how they prevented the problem from getting worse to the later stages. Thanks for the time and replies they're all appreciated !
Old 09-05-2017, 02:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Logan
I think no matter what level of drinking you see yourself as right now, the only really effective remedy to stopping the progression is always the same.

Stop drinking entirely.

I know thats not easy - but you'll find a lot of support and good ideas here

Come and check out the Newcomers forum as well
Newcomers to Recovery - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
D
Old 09-05-2017, 06:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi, Logan.
Welcome.
Agree with Dee that stopping drinking is the way to go.
You are young and will bounce back quickly if you do.
Good luck.