Notices

After 6 years of not drinking.....I relapsed.

Old 06-03-2017, 09:14 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tomls View Post
Sounds like you need to get yourself better, what ever it takes! Is your other half interested in stopping with you?
He says that I need to have more self control....
He is right. But, he will bring home an IPA almost every night...and how in the hell can I resist?

I can't blame him. I really can't. This is my own damn fault. I'm just wanting it to ....stop before anything physically challenging happens. Or, iunno, I **** up any private school functions that I have to be apart of. My daughter just got accepted to a great school and .... I'm scared ********.

As terrible as it sounds, they evaluate the GD family. In a way.
Old 06-04-2017, 04:08 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Ok. So no drink today. Husband has not had one either. We are both so irritable. Him more so. He snaps. I just go quiet.
But, I swear, I feel like someone has injected me with an exhaustion drug. I have not felt this tired in a long time. And I slept a good 7-8 hours last night.

Is this normal? I bet it is for some... everyone is different. But, I can barely keep my eyes open. And I did not go 'balls to the wall' last night.

Anyways. Feel like crap. Just wanted to keep posted.
Old 06-04-2017, 05:09 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Yes it is normal to be worn out and also to be irritable. I'm glad you husband is at least trying to not drink today.

I know a lot of people who found that hanging out in the chat room here during the first 3 or 4 days was very helpful.... just other people who understand what you are going through.

I have been to treatment more than once, and I just know that if I have drank for even just a month... it is the thing that works to get me back on track.

It would be better to explore a cheaper treatment center if you can. The stress of paying off debt is a bit of a problem, but IF THAT IS THE ONE YOU NEED.... GO

You may be surprised that your family will be glad to hear that despite the lapse you are going to get back on track before it is too late.

keep posting!

Old 06-04-2017, 05:30 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ananda View Post
Yes it is normal to be worn out and also to be irritable. I'm glad you husband is at least trying to not drink today.

I know a lot of people who found that hanging out in the chat room here during the first 3 or 4 days was very helpful.... just other people who understand what you are going through.

I have been to treatment more than once, and I just know that if I have drank for even just a month... it is the thing that works to get me back on track.

It would be better to explore a cheaper treatment center if you can. The stress of paying off debt is a bit of a problem, but IF THAT IS THE ONE YOU NEED.... GO

You may be surprised that your family will be glad to hear that despite the lapse you are going to get back on track before it is too late.

keep posting!

He just bought beer. I am refusing to have one. I'm going for a GF veggie pie, instead. I will stick to the chat room. Can't tonight, my Madeline is here...
Old 06-05-2017, 07:18 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Knat84 View Post
He just bought beer. I am refusing to have one. I'm going for a GF veggie pie, instead. I will stick to the chat room. Can't tonight, my Madeline is here...
No drink. Had nothing yesterday. But, God bless, I was having the most vivid dream. Unpleasant. Wandering around parking lots trying to find my car and it never happened....couldn't find it. This was the entire night/morning. I know, silly. But threw that in there. Thanks for reading, guys.
Old 06-05-2017, 04:16 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you'll start to feel less tired soon Knat - the dreams will fade too

D
Old 06-05-2017, 05:17 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Knat, I used to have very similar dreams. I'd be searching all night for my car or my pocketbook. I never found either one, very upsetting. The first thing I'd do in the morning is make sure I had my pocketbook.

I was also exhausted my first week. These things pass the longer your sober. How are you doing today?
Old 06-07-2017, 03:09 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I had no dreams already a year... Why?
Old 07-18-2017, 10:53 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hi there - I am fairly new here, but I was sober for a long time after my son was born, but went back to drinking eventually and would like to be completely sober again soon as well. Life catches back up with you and the temptations arise, I suppose. I think that I will seek a counselor first to explore coming up with a plan of action. Is this something you can also do? Maybe having someone to talk to on a weekly basis, ask you about your drinking and give you some ideas on how to deal would be a first step before the $20k for the treatment center? This is what I plan to do. I drink because I have tons of anxiety and nothing else calms it down. I also feel guilty about things for no real good reason, even small things and it shuts my brain off. So, when I am sober, I feel like my mind races all the time. There is always a reason, and like me, you can find it and start working on it. I don't see you as failing at sobriety, just taking a break from it and you will return - you know you can do it because you did it! That is awesome! Further, in terms of spending money, think of how much you saved NOT drinking over the years! Give yourself a pat on the back and take it one day at a time. I haven't had a drink since Sunday (only two days) and I hope to keep going.
Old 07-19-2017, 12:46 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hi Knat,

How are you doing?
Old 12-18-2017, 05:04 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

How are you Knat? Are you still sober? I hope so. Keeping you in my thoughts tonight.