Notices

I was...

Old 05-26-2016, 04:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I was...

I was randomly Googling for information about addiction recovery, and feeling so depressed at the forums I was reading (on other sites). I had signed up to join one over the weekend, and days later, no one had said hello or offered a comment. I posted here and felt welcomed. I've read a lot of others' posts today, and I feel like I'm seeing hopeful (not hopeless) people. I've been on other sites where in response to my questions about how to be supportive, I've been told "he won't stay clean" and "they always use again" etc etc. I feel a different energy here. I hope I'm right!
Old 05-26-2016, 05:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome JennaRoseMadre!

Nice to meet you. We have a very active Friends and Family forum. I hope you get a chance to check it out.

Friends and Family of Substance Abusers - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Old 08-30-2016, 07:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Remembering what a dark place I was in when I found this site three months ago. Thinking about my son's progress in recovery (physically and mentally) and that finally finding a sponsor who he "clicked" with seemed to be a turning point for him. Feeling so grateful that he is clean and trying so hard, but feeling so sad about the long road still ahead. Wishing I could turn back the clock and find that pivotal moment and thinking if that one thing could change, everything would be different. Knowing that's impossible, but still daydreaming about it. So tired of feeling tired and sad and nervous and scared for him.