Notices

My Story

Old 01-05-2016, 05:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My Story

Gratitude for unanswered prayers!
I have not been on here in a very long time. This use to be a source of strength and information, and I had the pleasure of getting to know some wonderful people. They guided me when I had no direction, and gave me tools to remain sane in a chaotic world of an unhealthy man.

I no longer am in that place, situation and company of those that directed me here in the first place. I thank Sober Recovery for supporting me when I needed it most, and for the gentle reminder of how different my life has become. The random emails give me a gut check.....I have a healthy husband, relationships, and am living a life I never envisioned. Still, I shall remain thankful for those prayers that were never answered. My higher power had a better plan for me.
Time to time, I reminisce over the good times, amidst the crazies. Some things can be so good, and yet so destructive. If only there were a balance I thought, maybe it would be worth t. For me, that day never arrived. I became stronger, more confident, and independent with the tools as I grew emotionally, spiritually, and physically. The unhealthy do not like to see this change, and as we evolve, they remain stuck or step backwards. It is difficult to step away and see anothers destruction tear them down piece by piece.
Today, I am reminding someone there are better days, days we never saw coming, and never fathomed we could achieve. Hang in there, and know you are loved. Thank you Sober Recovery and friends that will forever remain in my heart full of gratitude. You will never know who you are, although I am looking for a few. You may have moved on, forward, backward or simply exist. You may no longer look here to mend. Wherever you are, today I send you gratitude.thanks

Last edited by Dee74; 01-05-2016 at 05:38 PM. Reason: format issue - fixed