Notices

Where Was I? Wondering Where I was...

Old 10-28-2015, 08:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Where Was I? Wondering Where I was...

I found SR when I was trying to figure out where I was in my addiction and in my detox.

I was googling symptoms, and I kept hitting things from the APA and AA websites. I know that stuff. I wanted to know real people stuff. You guys. Suddenly I landed on a link that was asking almost word for word what I kept typing into the search bar. (I think I was searching to see if muscle aches and pains were common in detoxing- um, duh. And then I also wanted to know how long they would last.)

Anyway, beyond that, I was fed up. I was tired of feeling ashamed of myself and my choices. I was tired of hiding, tired of feeling sick all the time, tired of having random aches and pains or stomach upset and wondering if it was related to the bottle of wine I drank the night before or if I was coming down with something. Tired of googling symptoms but not admitting that they were easily explained by my drinking habits.

And when I landed on the link that led me here, I was so excited and relieved to see others just like me. I was also encouraged by how kindly and respectfully you all speak to each other. So I decided to come in, and I'm glad I did.
Old 10-28-2015, 08:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

This was me exactly. All of it. Thank you for posting
Old 12-22-2015, 07:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sounds just like me but with anxiety and panic thrown in there as well the next day! I always hated the way I felt the next day but boy that bottle of wine always sounded good when I wasn't dealing with the hangovers.
Old 01-07-2016, 04:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yeah i use to wake up feeling like I had done 12 rounds with Tyson muscles aching bones aching... Alcohol is poison ethanol is anti freeze!