SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Where Were You? (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/where-were-you/)
-   -   No withdrawal 3 year drinking, now worst ever only 5 weeks drinking (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/where-were-you/376743-no-withdrawal-3-year-drinking-now-worst-ever-only-5-weeks-drinking.html)

bduby22 10-03-2015 07:48 PM

No withdrawal 3 year drinking, now worst ever only 5 weeks drinking

I drank daily for 3 years, Im 24 now, and quit for a year for being sent to jail and had no withdrawals. I just got out 5 weeks ago and resumed with the same tolerance as before(somehow), I quit 2 days ago and only a few hours later I got the worst anxiety/depression Ive ever experienced to the point where I tried hanging myself(results of thinking about how all my friends are gone and my job sucks). Ive never had suicidal thoughts. My question is how can I have such a bad withdrawal so soon after drinking for only 5 weeks? Ive heard its called rekindling(having worse withdrawals when quitting, relapsing and quitting again repeatedly) and it causes post-acute-withdrawal which is way worse than regular withdrawal...i still have the anxiety and stomach flutters which are the worst of the long list of other symptoms...im going to try and taper off, seems to ease me a bit.

Coldfusion 10-03-2015 07:53 PM

I would recommend seeing a doctor or going to the hospital before drinking again. Alcohol withdrawal is serious business.

bduby22 10-03-2015 08:07 PM

yeah I shouldve gone to the ER before trying to hang myself, like I said Im scared but if it happens again, Im getting there asap, no matter the time...I tried 3 times that night to hang myself, from 3am until 630am...I couldnt believe myself...im still scared. thats why im trying this tapering...only a few beers a day, not like 10+ as before

Madmartigan 10-03-2015 08:11 PM

You need to see a doctor. Don't attempt to do it by yourself. Obviously that went very badly.

bduby22 10-03-2015 08:18 PM

I dont have the money or insurance...

Coldfusion 10-03-2015 08:49 PM

I found a no-cost detox program. If you have felt suicidal, you need help.

Madmartigan 10-03-2015 08:50 PM

Google free detox in the city you are in or the closest city to you. See what you find.

bduby22 10-03-2015 09:02 PM

I dont see anything for free here, shouldnt the ER send me to this automatically if I show up?

Madmartigan 10-03-2015 09:05 PM

Depends on what country you live in. You could call and find out. In any case your life is the most important thing. Money is insignificant in comparison.

Dee74 10-03-2015 09:12 PM

Welcome bduby :)

There are a lot of free or low cost clinics around - if there's one in your local area you might get some medical advice there?

Free/Low-Cost/Sliding-Scale Clinics - NeedyMeds

The 10377 clinics in this database are free, low cost, low cost with a sliding scale based on income, or offer some type of financial assistance.
Call 2-1-1

2-1-1 provides free and confidential information and referral. Call 2-1-1 for help with food, housing, employment, health care, counseling and more. Learn more about your local 2-1-1 by looking it up here.
or the ER, as folks have said, is always an option - but none of us can predict what they might do for you there.

D

Opivotal 10-04-2015 05:51 AM

bduby22, I see your location is upstate NY.

Google free detox upstate NY, I found at least 5 places.

Be safe, get some help.

Best Wishes :hug: