Notices

Irony...

Old 08-21-2015, 07:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Irony...

I used to try to "celebrate" the end of drinking with...drinking. I became weak to the voice of addiction (it's ok, you'll quit soon, it's just one more bottle...familiar, right?) and let it guide my decisions. I know I can be/am stronger than my addiction. I had a beer with dinner tonight with my family and it tasted disgusting...I knew it was time to quit.

The irony of it. I work in the food world and so would love to have a healthy relationship with alcohol (1-2 drinks max in social settings...it's truly about the flavour, I'm a sensory junkie and don't want to deny myself the pleasure) but I know it will take some time before I can even attempt to do that. I know addictions are powerful and I'm tired of feeling weak. I know I have the ability to recover and I want to get back to living a fuller, more vibrant and spiritual life. And have a healthy liver, body, relationship with self. I also just read "How to Grow Up" by Michelle Tea where she talks about her addictions...it was empowering.
Old 08-21-2015, 07:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR Tulsi

D
Old 08-22-2015, 04:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome Tulsi!