Notices

More Like Were Was I ?

Old 07-23-2015, 05:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

Question More Like Were Was I ?

I was a Sad looking wreck of a Woman . I didn't care if I had someone to drink with or not . At the last end , beer wasn't enough or get me to that point faster . Started buying a 5th of Rum on top of half a 30 pack . Well I needed to get a 30 pack so I could have some for when I would woke up !
Had more beer in the Fridge than food . I still wonder why I never burned the house down trying to cook . Most of the time I couldn't remember what or if I had ate .
After 10 + years of off again on again maybe a whole 8 months once . only to fail . I started feeling left out . My drinking buddies stopped coming around . My house was spotless , I just ran out of things to do with myself . Didn't work the steps to stay sober . I still look back at that time WHY was I dumb enough to start gain ??
Back to the Rum & 15 + beers . Oh BTW my family gave up on me , after the first 3-4 years . One day I woke up after not sleepy or eating very much . Popped open a beer about 5 am had a couple swallows . Stomach felt strange , started sweating Up came the half of the beer . Hmm I sat wondering maybe a stomach bug ?
Tried again a few sips just to make sure . Nope the gaging began and it wouldn't stop , thought sure I was going to pass out . Shaking and scared I called a friend to bring me to the Hosp .
Dehydrated , esophagus almost burnt out , liver just about shot . Dr comes in Drink much ? I looked at him with my Mouth wide open with not a whole lot to say . He says , I don't need an answer it perfectly clear by the tests . Here me out loud & clear if you don't stop right now you will be Dead in 6 months Tops !!
Holy Smokes Doc .. I needed that Slap .
Here I am 2 years Sober as of July 16, 2013 - Stronger = With the Will to Live . Anyone reading this take my warning , STOP before any more damage to your body happens .. Stay strong & fight everyday it will get better ..
Old 07-23-2015, 06:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you for posting, NestWasEmpty!

Congratulations on 2 years.
Old 07-23-2015, 06:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

Opivoltal Oh thank you , I just had to get that off my chest . Sense I've been here and reading others posts . I didn't want them to think they were alone and the only ones fighting that Demon !!
Old 07-23-2015, 07:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
under new management

This is a very powerful post, NestWasEmpty!

I am so thankful I stopped before an experience like yours stopped me.

Congratulations on 2 years!!! Bravo and well done!

Old 07-23-2015, 11:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'd love to read your story in the Stories of Recovery

We can and do turn our lives around!

I'm just thrilled for you.
Old 07-23-2015, 12:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I was a very similar wreck, Nest. I drank an incredible amount each day at the end of my drinking career. Feel so fortunate to have my life back - I almost didn't even try. Thank you for your story and inspiration.
Old 07-23-2015, 04:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

Thank You again Opivotal I will check into that when I get a chance .
You too Hevyn Very Happy for you - We can fight that Monster & be stronger for it . Takes a lot of hard work , but worth it for the happiness we all deserve
Old 07-24-2015, 06:26 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats on 2 years Nest have you joined the class of july 2013

My sober date is july 14th 2013 im so waiting to meet a birthday buddy im getting closer lol

here is the link we all got sober in july 2013 http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-19-a-13.html
Old 07-24-2015, 10:25 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

Oh Congrats soberwolf and thanks . I didn't know there was a place here for that The 16 th for me , sure I will join in the celebration ! Learning new things every day .
Old 08-25-2015, 05:55 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

Wish I could "Turn Back Time "

This song came in my head as I was reading & posting in a Tread
I hope My Mom knows no matter what - I still loved her .. Lesson learned before picking up the next drink , think of what your doing to your family .

https://youtu.be/jq_BAHIAuNw
Old 08-25-2015, 06:31 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I'm sure she knows, Nest. I hurt and confused my family, too - but we didn't do it intentionally. We're in our own little world when we get that bad. Please be kind to yourself.
Old 08-25-2015, 07:07 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

Thank you Hevyn Sometimes times the past jumps out at you . The best thing to do is Look at it for what it was & move on . So many things I don't want to think about . You can't heal that way .
I have more things to work on . Letting go of pain , anger & heart brake . This journey of Sobriety has some rough patches
Old 08-25-2015, 08:36 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Yes nest, we do encounter rough patches but once we deal with them, learn our life lessons, we start the healing process.

In order for me to stay sober, I had to work on the reasons I drank. Through all the pain came self forgiveness as well as forgiving others.

Please don't hesitate to reach out when you have these "rough patches" it helps to talk to others and know you're not alone.
Old 08-26-2015, 05:15 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

Opivotal , Thanks I find if I come back to this tread & reread it kind of comforts me that I'm no longer in that pain . Whewww I haven at least Forgiven myself - as you mention , I can't change what I did .
It's wanting & hoping what's left of my family to find a way to Forgive me .
I find it hard to reach out , when I know so many others are Dealing with day to day Sobriety . That part " so far" I have a handle on . If I pick up I won't be living very long with my health issues . That alone scares the Crap out of me.
The best thing I can do is post here , then if someone wants to give me some ideas to work on - That would help me a lot
No 1 : Goal work through - Reasons I drank !! Maybe I can make some blogs . If I can get SR teck . issues of posting to cooperate . Some posts are still getting lost - in time out
Old 08-28-2015, 06:20 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Sorry you're having trouble with posting, NestWasEmpty. The tech's are working on it.

I haven't heard of anyone having a problem with Blogging.
Old 08-28-2015, 09:29 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

Opivotal I'm starting to think it's just me . I check & double check sometimes on my replied . Making sure I'm spelling or my wording is Good
I'm catching on to copy my replies , that helps . Sometimes I have a sign of relief when some don't post
Old 08-28-2015, 11:13 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

NestWasEmpty
Old 08-28-2015, 11:19 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

What a powerful story (so well told), I'm so glad I read your post, and I don't think I'll forget it either. Thank you so much for sharing and I'm looking up to you at 2 years sober. Brilliant. x
Old 08-28-2015, 02:05 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

FarToGo That's a huge compliment , that means so much to me - Thank You If you've read over my other posts * threads I'm still a work in progress .
We all have daily struggles , but alcohol surly doesn't help . That was my hardest lesson ..
One day at a time - We'll get their . Very Good luck on your journey
Old 08-30-2015, 10:17 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I look up to you to, Nest. But I think you know that already :-) FarToGo is right; two years is brilliant!