Notices

More Like Were Was I ?

Old 09-02-2015, 08:01 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

Your very kind TooShabby . sorry I didn't see your reply ! I don't usually come back to this tread unless I need an uplift or my own pity party . Could go either way . Lately I've become more at peace with my past . That's because of all of You wonderful people here in SR
Old 09-05-2015, 06:22 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

You're pretty wonderful yourself, NestWasEmpty!!
Old 09-05-2015, 06:35 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

Originally Posted by Opivotal View Post
You're pretty wonderful yourself, NestWasEmpty!!
Opivoltal Your Cute little Kitty avatar puts a smile on my face every time I see it ..
Old 09-14-2015, 09:03 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

Yes nest, we do encounter rough patches but once we deal with them, learn our life lessons, we start the healing process.

In order for me to stay sober, I had to work on the reasons I drank. Through all the pain came self forgiveness as well as forgiving others.

Please don't hesitate to reach out when you have these "rough patches" it helps to talk to others and know you're not alone.
I was reading though my old posts here & this one jumped out at me . I know why I drank , cause I was lonely . My Nest became Empty .
It's still Empty & I'm sober . Lonely ness is why most people I know start to drink . You can find a Million things to keep busy with Yes . In the end you are still alone .
I don't like to go out join groups ect .. never did . I'm a homebody , that what bothers me it's not having others to talk to . Everyone of my friends drink rather it be social or other wise . My Family what's left of it don't want me in their lives - due to the Crazy things I put them through whilst drinking . That's their problem - I can't fix it .
Lets see what number am I on for Pitty parties . Maybe I can brake an SR record or something .. Rant over back to roaming
Old 09-15-2015, 07:41 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

(((Nesty))) I don't consider your post as having a "pity party" more like sharing your reality.

Perhaps in time you and your family can mend fences. Have you tried reaching out since you got sober?There is nothing wrong with being a homebody unless it's hurting you and it sounds like it is.

Maybe you could try...just try Nesty to step out of your comfort zone and attend either a support group, AA, Church services, a gym or even a hobby interest group.
Old 09-15-2015, 03:14 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

Opivotal Yes I did reach out to my children a few times . Ten years of being a Grandma & drinking . They didn't want me around them . The more they pushed me away the harder I would drink . Doesn't matter to them if I'm sober now .
My Dr suggested different groups for woman crafts & hobbies , stuff I like , Even Bingo Naaa - A cousin just asked me to babysit a coupe hours here & there , cause she started a part time job . Maybe that will raise my sprits
Yes some days I get the blues , but most days I'm ok . I'm sure I'm not alone with that ... Thank you for helping
Old 09-15-2015, 05:43 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

No Nesty, you are surely not alone.

I hope the babysitting does indeed lifts your spirits.
Old 09-21-2015, 03:31 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

No Nesty, you are surely not alone.

I hope the babysitting does indeed lifts your spirits.
Yikes I forgot how much energy 2 & 4 year olds have Glad I only said 1 or 2 hours or I would have needed a baby sitter LOL