Notices

Once and for all

Old 10-11-2014, 04:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Once and for all

I am not a daily drinker, what I am though is a problem drinker. When I drink, I drink a lot, I don't know when to stop and I honestly think I am having a blast until the next day when I wake up feeling very guilty and sorry for myself. I have tried, many times, over the years, to quit, and sometimes I have been successful for as much as 2 months and then I am back to boozing it up once a week or more. But I am here coz I boozed it up maybe three times this week and each time I woke with that feeling of hopelessness and guilt. I lost my brand new phone, I just feel like hell all around. I am a month away from getting even closer to being 40 and I want this to stop. I want off this train, I want to get sober, and I could really do with some support, which is why I am here in the first place.
Old 10-11-2014, 06:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR littlecarmen - lots and lots of support here

D
Old 10-11-2014, 06:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome To SR littlecarmen! Support made all the difference for me and SR is an awesome place for it.

You may want to check out the Newcomers Forum. I felt alone in my addiction until I read all the posts and found people struggling just like me.

Newcomers to Recovery - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Old 10-11-2014, 06:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hello there.
Old 10-11-2014, 06:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Failure Is Not An Option

Hey LittleCarmen, SR is here for you when you need us. God speed.
Old 10-11-2014, 09:16 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey littlecarmen! Well you came to the right place if your looking for support...glad your here. Admitting you have a problem is the first step...After that you can further your own recovery. A few words of wisdom...As alcoholics we are powerless over alcohol once we take that first drink. One drink will lead to many. This is the one way we can control of alcoholism. Knowing that for myself to drink would be complete destruction of everything and everyone around me keeps me sober. I hope this helps you. You can do this! Hang in there. Have faith in yourself.

Last edited by SoberLife90; 10-11-2014 at 09:29 AM. Reason: typo
Old 10-11-2014, 09:20 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hiya littlecarmen, welcome to our forum.