Notices

I love this site....

Old 07-16-2014, 12:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Redmayne

I love this site....

I love this site...I love all the people on it, whatever stage their recovery is at and whatever they have to say, good or bad, true or false and whether I agree or disagree...

Ok, I suppose there are some that might say, since I'm now safe, sane (jury's still out on that one) and sober, for 6 years ans 5 months, perhaps I'm posting it on the wrong forum, but it does ask,'how is it going today?' right.

I've no immediate, earth shattering answer to that, best I can offer is that and it's still going on at the moment, it's taking a while to learn to live in sobriety...I try to do all the things I'm supposed to do, not least make spiritual progress. Not least putting others before self... whist fully appreciating the gift of sobriety in my everyday existence and remembering lurking in the background that if I'd continued my life as a drinking alcoholic. There's little chance I'd have even found this site let alone be here typing this or any other post!

What I love, is taking a short respite from visiting the site to being overwhelmed by the posts on all the forums, reminding me more than ever that one of the main components in others, including my own recovery is our ability as alcoholics, drunk or sober to share our experience, strength and hope...

It's the biggest lift I or I'm sure, in recovery can have, amazing...thank you all...
Old 07-16-2014, 03:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I love this site too. And I'm only on my 4th day of sobriety!
Old 07-16-2014, 03:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I consider SR the best therapy I have ever had and it is always available to me.
Old 07-16-2014, 03:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I agree double D
Old 07-16-2014, 04:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I love this site too - good to hear from you Redmayne

D
Old 07-18-2014, 12:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DoubleDragons View Post
I consider SR the best therapy I have ever had and it is always available to me.
I agree. I love this site too, it's fantastic!
Old 09-09-2014, 10:24 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Redmayne

The richness an diversity...

Thank you top all who've contributed and read this thread which in itself is an example why I and many others love this site. Simply evidenced in the richness and diversity of us all, sharing our experience, strength and hope to deal with and overcome a common problem no matter what stage our recovery or sobriety is at! You can't buy or fake that....

It's especially wonderful when you consider for each and everyone of us, at the end of the day, our recovery and sobriety is, in itself a personal responsibility. Said simply because, like eating or going to the bathroom, no one else can do it for you!

I know of no other disease/illness like alcoholism, which is, in it's very nature the only illness which will tell you, you haven't got it. Where others, often so afflicted will go out of their way, no matter what stage their own recovery or sobriety is, to help others...

Which of itself will touch the hearts of even the most sceptical and cynical of our critics...whilst at the same time strengthening us as a community and as individuals whilst we work towards a common goal.
Old 09-10-2014, 02:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Me to and thanks for being my friend Redmayne I really do need it and you are with out a doubt one of the best friends I ever had ....God Bless you man.
Old 09-10-2014, 02:33 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I hope that I haven't offended everybody too much.
Old 09-30-2014, 06:39 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I have just found this site and hope to get the support I need, been 2 months sober now without support, but I need like minded people in my life now not the drinkers i am constantly being surrounded by!
Old 09-30-2014, 04:24 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I found this site today. Today is my day 1. I was one who thought I didn't need recovery as I controlled my intake......or so I thought (wrong). I want to try something different to get myself motivated to do the right thing for my health. Today is a new way of thinking and SR will be part of my new beginnings.

THANK YOU everyone who posts and shares their stories. It is inspiring and motivating to read your stories and feelings.
Old 09-30-2014, 04:26 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

We're so happy to have you with us camb. Together we are strong and filled with courage.

Good to meet you too waterwaver.
Old 10-01-2014, 06:49 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Do your best

well said redmayne !
Old 10-01-2014, 06:56 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hey, I love this site also. Don't know where I'd be without it. Probably drunk.
Old 10-01-2014, 07:00 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I love this site, too; there's no place like it (although I haven't looked around; found this site when I googled something or another about alcoholism; I knew I was home in the first couple of minutes).

Great thread, Redmayne.
Old 10-01-2014, 07:16 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I have googled looking for other forums and this one is by far the best in my opinion! From the diversity of topics to the support of like minded people at all stages of recovery! I'm so glad I found this site!