Notices

Wondering if God could forgive the addicted

Old 06-29-2014, 05:45 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

My view:

I'm sure God understands how these things can happen and is aware of our suffering.

Forgiveness and nonforgiveness are human behaviors that we project onto God.

God sees all the lost throughout the cosmos, and is with us always.

God does not turn G's back on us -- it's the other way around. I'm sure God can tell the difference between someone being prideful and arrogant versus someone huddling into themselves because they are so hurt.

God does not impose, but waits for us to relax our shells and listen for God or invite God in. Unfortunately sometimes we are so hurt that we don't even trust the Creator/Emanator of the Cosmos.

I don't know the answer to that situation, but I think it takes a little bit of trust and relaxation and seeing ourselves as God would see us -- that is, as God without all our human projections would see us.
Old 06-29-2014, 02:58 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Read"Messy Spirituality" by Mike Yaconelli. A great read on this subject!
Old 07-09-2014, 08:52 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Always, please always know that Jesus created you perfect. Like me, we have entered things in our lives that are imperfect. There are things I have done that are damaging to me but I am counting on the savior to take away. I am like you, unperfect and unsure. I hope you get to the place I hope to get to. I am not there yet!!!
Old 07-12-2014, 04:59 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Smile He forgives all, he loves all

Originally Posted by Chuckieinoz View Post
Thanks Tomsteve how much should I open up here without offending people who don't believe
Regardless of who believes or not, you know the Heavenly Father will forgive any mistakes. He knows the grip alcohol and drugs have. He will love you for powering through and leaving those substances behind.
Old 07-12-2014, 08:36 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi, I am not the expert on sobriety, but can say that I feel God really looks at us like the same perfect people he created. Then, hopefully we can restore ourselves to the vessel he gave us. I feel he always forgives, always supports, like a true parent. He won't turn his back on you.
Old 07-14-2014, 01:07 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

God not only fogives...

I feel He weeps for us addicts.

I don't feel condemnation for being an addict. I feel God constantly pleads with me to make a better choice, but when I don't I feel He weeps for me like a parent would for their addicted child.
Old 08-20-2014, 11:14 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Yes God forgives all that are TRULLY repentant , you have to open your heart and soul to him because if he cant see in he can't tell if your TRULLY repentant as for addicts I believe some people have to destroy theirselves physically and spiritually befor they feel as though they are making progress thats how I am its almost as if I have to feel the hangovers and recovery from them to feel like im moving forward even though im not im spinning my wheels with giving into alcohol over and over again.
Old 08-21-2014, 02:58 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

And I do believe hitler was a daily using meth addict that went paranoid schizophrenic because of it , not that im saying he's a good person that's in Heaven I'm just saying , he was being fed meth and probably anti Semitic doctoran also its kind of a odd coincidence that meth played a integral part in millions dead then and millions going paranoid schizophrenic now almost conspiracy like.
Old 08-21-2014, 03:04 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

a most important message

Originally Posted by pete1975 View Post
Yes God forgives all that are TRULLY repentant , you have to open your heart and soul to him because if he cant see in he can't tell if your TRULLY repentant as for addicts I believe some people have to destroy theirselves physically and spiritually befor they feel as though they are making progress thats how I am its almost as if I have to feel the hangovers and recovery from them to feel like im moving forward even though im not im spinning my wheels with giving into alcohol over and over again.
I enjoyed your post Pete
but - I don't agree with one thing stated

"because if he cant see in he can't tell if your TRULLY repentant"

I believe that God does know the hearts of all

Luke 16:15 ►
He said to them, "You are the ones who justify yourselves in the eyes of others, but (God knows your hearts.) What people value highly is detestable in God's sight.

I appreciate what you said regarding Repentance
a most important message
that many leave out from the Gospel these days

Mountainman
Old 08-27-2014, 12:09 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

God really forgives everyone, if they really repent and turn away from sin
Old 08-28-2014, 06:40 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

'And forgive us our debts as we also forgive our debtors.' For we have many sins. For we offend both in word and in thought, and very many things we do worthy of condemnation; and 'if we say that we have no sin' (I Jn. 1:8), we lie, as John says...The offenses committed against us are slight and trivial, and easily settled; but those which we have committed against God are great, and need such mercy as His only is. Take heed, therefore, lest for the slight and trivial sins against you, you shut out for yourself forgiveness from God for your very grievous sins. -St. Cyril of Jerusalem
Old 08-29-2014, 07:26 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

a joke for you

Want to find out who loves you most, your wife / husband or your dog ?

Lock your wife / husband with the dog, in the garage overnight & see which ones happy to see you the next morning.

God loves unconditionally, just like Dog's do.

If you locked God out for a bit, he's still happy to see you when you open the door again.
Old 08-29-2014, 07:56 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by whalebelow View Post
a joke for you

Want to find out who loves you most, your wife / husband or your dog ?

Lock your wife / husband with the dog, in the garage overnight & see which ones happy to see you the next morning.

God loves unconditionally, just like Dog's do.

If you locked God out for a bit, he's still happy to see you when you open the door again.
I love this, Whale!
Old 08-30-2014, 01:25 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mountainmanbob View Post
I enjoyed your post Pete
but - I don't agree with one thing stated

"because if he cant see in he can't tell if your TRULLY repentant"

I believe that God does know the hearts of all

Luke 16:15 ►
He said to them, "You are the ones who justify yourselves in the eyes of others, but (God knows your hearts.) What people value highly is detestable in God's sight.

I appreciate what you said regarding Repentance
a most important message
that many leave out from the Gospel these days

Mountainman
I need to repent, I have been hating God for making me like this. Allowing this. I know it's His plan and it's disrespectful and arrogant of me, but it's how I feel.
Old 08-31-2014, 01:26 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Twin42 View Post

I need to repent, I have been hating God for making me like this. Allowing this. I know it's His plan and it's disrespectful and arrogant of me, but it's how I feel.
repentance is always a good cleaning thing

we need to not blame God for our mistakes or sins committed
but
realize that we have a Father to turn to who wishes for us the best

MM