Notices

Where I was

Old 06-13-2014, 01:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Where I was

Hey everybody,

Last year I was taking classes at a community college and working a minimum wage job. I was so sick of it and I was using drugs and drinking because I thought that's what I needed to get through the day. It got worse and worse. I was drinking and doing drugs on my way to class and before and after work. All of my choices in friends were people who were abusing these substances just as much as I was. My relationship with my family was being strained. They wanted to help me but I was pushing everyone away who didn't want to join me in abusing drugs.

I ended up finding a boyfriend who gave me the opportunity to quit my job and school, and just sit around and do drugs with him all day. I spent the first four months of this year that way. I pushed away every last friend and family member I had. He started to abuse me emotionally and verbally. I finally got out of the relationship at the end of April and moved back home. Thank God that I have a wonderful, forgiving family who accepted me back without hesitation. I spent about a month in denial, and was still drinking a little bit. But in May I decided that I needed t be sober if I was going to ever move past this endless cycle of pleasure-seeking behavior. I've started looking for jobs again and I even plan on taking a class in the fall.

It's been a struggle. There's been a lot of loneliness, embarrassment, and regret for all of the bad decisions I've made. It was a really humbling experience to learn how to forgive myself and accept this new way of life, but I'm so thankful that I've been given a second chance. I started going to AA meetings this week and I feel like I'm headed in a positive direction.
Old 06-19-2014, 09:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome clvlcv37! Sounds like you have a great plan in place.