Notices

Where was I?

Old 05-25-2014, 10:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Where was I?

I just happened to stumble on this site trying to find chat rooms and it was mentioned in another list of recovery forums.

Perfectly good headspace. No drama or chaos. Not on a cloud either, and believe me I've been on one or two of those. This last time getting clean was like crawling across broken glass uphill for awhile and then suddenly :poof: it got easier one day.

These days I'm more interested in what other people say, or are going through, than I am in what I have to say or whatever I've got to deal with.

So it's nice to come here and read... not really to reach out, just to read and stuff for no particular reason.
Old 05-25-2014, 10:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR riotboy

If you ever do feel like posting there's any number of folks here willing to listen.

D
Old 05-25-2014, 11:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for the welcome! I just replied to the wrong post and said I was wondering what "SR" meant for a second :facepalm:

Actually I'm glad I found it anyway. I wanted to ping someone whose post I'd landed on over and over again on Google (guess it was a sign) but of course I can't find it now. There's quite a diversity of topics and the place looks really active. So far I'm thinking it's a good find!
Old 05-25-2014, 11:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's the best recovery site I know of - and no, I'm not paid to say that

D
Old 05-26-2014, 06:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome riotboy! The awesome members here sure contributed to my sobriety. So happy you found us.
Old 07-20-2014, 02:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I recently attended the wedding of Mr Ali's daughter. Mr Ali owns the off license/liquor store next to my flat. It was an Indian wedding and a lavish affair, there were 400 guests there, only a few of which were white, myself and my girlfriend included. When I thanked Mr Ali for inviting us I said that we were honoured to be asked, he said. "Enjoy yourself,you paid for it". At that point I realised that drinking 1/2 a bottle of vodka every day, for many years had made me very sick and him very rich.