Notices

new here and approaching day 14

Old 01-23-2014, 06:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

new here and approaching day 14

I am approaching day 14 as of tonight. 14 days ago I put a friend from high school to rest who was only 36 years old and was a secret drinker. Later that night I set out on a mission to destroy my liver. I was a moderate drinker for about 10 years and for the last five I have been a heavy one.

Two weeks ago Friday I woke up after my heavy binge feeling miserable and ashamed. Soon after I realized that I had to go to an all hour work meeting in 45 minutes. At some point in my day secretly slipping away during the middle of a lecture to vomit I came to the conclusion that this was the end.

I haven't attended any meetings yet. The only one I have shared my desire to change with is my wife and God. I am happy with my progress so for but still find myself struggling at times when stressed.

Thanks for listening
Old 01-23-2014, 07:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My prayers are with you as you make your way.
Old 01-23-2014, 07:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Way to go on 2 weeks!!

I think stress is one of the things we all have to learn how to handle once we sober-up. The early months of sobriety can be hard as our brains and bodies are adapting to life without alcohol.

When I hit 6 months alcohol free, I made a post about what I did to help me to get there. Here's the link if you're interested. http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...along-way.html
Old 02-03-2014, 03:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I cant wait until I am at 2 weeks, it has been so long since I have gone that long, I am proud of you and wish you the best.