Notices

That's what sobriery is all about.

Old 01-12-2014, 06:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Redmayne

That's what sobriery is all about.

More than anything, the one thing sobriety has given me, and I hope others to, is the ability to think and live, cognitively (truth and reason enhanced, in my case by a liberal dose of logic. Whereas, when I was drinking, although it took a long time to seep into my addled, alcoholic brain, I was, despite my successes, and there were some, and failures, living a delusional existence...

The line,'Remember we are dealing with alcohol, cunning, baffling, powerful' from the Big Book is one of many, I remember.

With the ability, I now seek credibility in all people, including myself and things. No credibility, no me! I don't want it....

So now, when that still, inner voice says to me,'All you have to do, is hand your life and will over to me and I will give you more than you can ever dream of,' I do and will continue to do so...

I don't see any of this as to be interpreted as fortune, status or in material things at all, I do see it in my simply being the person I was meant to be, living the life that the god of my understanding, mapped out for me, before my own self will took over and all but lead to my self destruction....

To me then, that's what sobriety is all about, may be for you to...I hope so.
Old 01-13-2014, 02:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Redmayne

Oops...

Ooops, sorry,'scuse, 'typo, it should read,'That's what sobriety is all about' doh!