Notices

Like a lover...

Old 12-31-2013, 10:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Redmayne

Like a lover...

When I reflect on my life in sobriety, well over five years now, with more to come, without getting complacent...being a recovering alcoholic, is a way of life, see 'The Keys to the Kingdom' on page 275, of ,'Alcoholics Anonymous' 4th Ed.

Which I'm only to happy to embrace with as much zeal and enthusiasm, as I once embraced alcohol....

I think, without sitting in judgement on others, 'live and let live', right. I really embrace my sobriety, like a lover, feeling all the warmth and sensations of being both mentally and physically, at one with myself,that I never thought in my drinking days,I'd ever feel again...

In the final days of my drinking, as I deteriorated both mentally, physically, but strangely , not spiritually,to complete bankruptcy, leaving death, as the only option.

I love mornings like these, New Years Day, with the prospect of being safe, sane and sober, for yet another day, never mind next week, month or forthcoming year, my heart sings to my lover. Who for me is, my sobriety, she rates above all, for without her, I'm nothing...

Happy New Year!