Notices

The Treacherous Hive of Scum and Villany

Old 12-10-2011, 01:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Alcoholic

The Treacherous Hive of Scum and Villany

Once upon a time I was a scared ******** Newcomer in search of Recovery and that is what the rooms of AA looked like to me. I'd walk into the den of thieves and the hyenas would circle around. There are bits of me scattered all around the rooms of South Florida. I was (A)bused, (B)ruised and (M)ocked but I did not give up. I found a way to overcome my fear and gain some respect... I went out and bought myself thirteen rifles of various calibers and three handguns one of which is a Dirty Harry Special. Now I had some real firepower and this worked wonders for my self confidence. I would be able to defend myself if I ever got into a real scrap with the biggest baddest looking alpha male of the bunch. I was gonna' give him an awakening he wouldn't believe and kick his ass in front of his friends. But in the end there is a far easier and less violent way to stomp on a high school flunkie schoolyard bully. Simply ask him what one divided by zero is and you'll get the clueless does not compute look and you win. You'll get a laugh and some respect. Mind over Matter. As easy as one, two, three. Never underestimate a fertile imagination and the power of prayer. I kid you not!!

I'm not crazy, AA made me this way... I swear to God!!

Love;
Marc Lacroix
South Florida. USA.
Old 12-16-2011, 02:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Redmayne

So, you think AA made you this way,...

Mmmnnn, so you think AA made you this way? Excellent! Of course, it couldn't just be the alcohol abuse you suffered over the years,could it? No, how silly of me, it wouldn't, as it's done to me, and probaly to most other people on here who've suffered under,'the lash of John Barleycorn', make me full of fear, guilt, anxiety, self loathing and low self esteem, leading me to become depressed and delusional so that I suffered a ,'psychosis' and ended up with a distorted view of reality.

I mean, there's absolutely no truth in the words in the Big Book,'remember , we deal with alcohol, cunning, baffling, powerful,' that's just a load of bunkum, nothing wrong with a few pops, right ?

I know when I first went to meetings, 30 years ago, an old timer told me this Chinse saying,

"First the man takes a drink,

Then the drink takes a drink,

Then the drink takesthe man,"

Makes sense to me, perhaps, once you've put down the drink and all those other things you've accumalated to take to AA meetings, it will to you, to?

Personally, I think the best thing you can take to a meeting is your sobriety, life takes on a whole new meaning then, just a thought...
Old 01-25-2012, 03:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Personally, I think the best thing you can take to a meeting is your sobriety, life takes on a whole new meaning then, just a thought...

Yeah right. I agree to rather than just wasting time to other useless things at all.
Old 11-04-2013, 05:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Alcoholic

Back in '96' when I joined AA I was understandably afraid of what was happening to me.
Over the years, though, that fear has dissipated and nowadays it does not bother me to make fun of the way things looked like. Finding humor in something which might be viewed as tragic can be a source of relief. I am glad I can do that today.
Coming up on eighteen years, One White Chip and Zero relapse.
Not bad for a scared kid, eh?

Marc
Old 11-05-2013, 07:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Redmayne

You shouldn't be in the job....

Quite frankly, as someone who know sees himself as both a recovering alcoholic and a professional human being, if you don't have a sense of humour, you shouldn't be in the job...pass it on.