Notices

Alcohol & Liver Disease

Old 11-01-2013, 01:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Alcohol & Liver Disease

I had just been released from the Hospital after being there for 8 days and being diagnosed with Liver Disease, Stage 4 Cirrhosis. I was searching for information regarding Alcohol related Liver Desease and Sober Recovery came up under the search. I have just started reading some of the posts and this seems like a very safe place to be honest and open. As I embark on this journey towards recovery, there is one thing I know...I cannot do this on my own. If I could I wouldn't be here. As of right now, I have 36 days sober.
Old 11-01-2013, 01:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome AZPinkPrincess
sorry for your diagnosis but its good to have you join us

Feel free to also come and introduce yourself in our Newcomers forum
Newcomers to Recovery - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

D
Old 11-01-2013, 01:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AZPinkPrincess View Post

As of right now, I have 36 days sober.
welcome and congratulations on the 36 days

MM
Old 11-01-2013, 02:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Redmayne

That makes...

Congratulations to you both, as your liver can't do it without your help either, just a thought....may you both have a long, healthy, happy recovery and life together..,.
Old 11-01-2013, 02:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really glad that you're out of the hospital and welcome!
Old 11-01-2013, 02:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome AZPinkPrincess! I sure couldn't do it alone either. SR is a very supportive community. You're safe to share here. So happy you're out of the hospital.
Old 11-01-2013, 04:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
orangutan

Welcome AZPinkPrinces glad you found us, you will find lots of good advice and support here.
Old 11-01-2013, 05:38 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

2 years ago I was in a similar situation, ended up in the hospital from drinking only that time it was nowhere near as serious or life threatening. After the Dr. told me I couldn't drink, I went to some meetings (not enough to make a diference) and of course at that point i was "not an alcoholic" Just typng that makes me laugh. I did pretty good for a minute and then when there were no noticable signs that I was sick anymore, I started drinking again...but not that much...ha ha ha. i am still finding empty Vodka bottles in every place in the house where one would fit.
Anyway, I got a little off track there. My point is that 2 years ago I met a wonderful woman named Linda that has 26 years sober and I found her phone number, it turns out that she lives 3 houses dow the street from me and we didn't know it. I asked her if she would be consider being my sponser and she said yes.
Old 11-01-2013, 05:47 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I have been told that the liver has enormous recuperative powers. I wish you all the luck in the world on your recovery. Keep posting here. You'll get lots of support.

W.
Old 11-01-2013, 05:48 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome
Old 11-01-2013, 05:49 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi AZ.... I actually got sober in AZ at a rehab a bit south of Maricopa this summer. In my mind I will always remember the sun coming up over the mountains in the early morning and what it felt like to be clearheaded at dawn. I am from a very different part of the country so I really appreciated how laid back and kind people from the area were.

How amazing that Linda lives right down the street...miracles are all around us aren't they?

Glad you are here and that you are on your journey!
Old 11-02-2013, 02:35 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

At my appointment, the Doctor told my husband that the family is just going to have to get used to having dinner together, but I will be eating something that my sodium restriction will allow. So I am at work and my husband calls and asks me what we should do for dinner?!?! I got out a partial sentance before he ripped my head off. I said "I thought that we already went over....." He stopped me and said "You don't have to be a smart ass bitch" Then I stood up for myself and said that I was sorry he felt that I was trying to be that way and that it was not ok for him to say that to me. Then he said "Ya, well I'm sorry you ruined my life and my name".
I know he has a lot of resentment towards me, and the wounds are going to take time to heal, but I think I have every right to tell him that it is not ok for him to talk to me that way. I coulnd't get ahold of my sponsor, so thank yo all again for being here!!!
Old 11-02-2013, 05:46 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I know he has a lot of resentment towards me, and the wounds are going to take time to heal, but I think I have every right to tell him that it is not ok for him to talk to me that way

You are right
just
keep doing the right thing
mm