Notices

where i was.......

Old 10-17-2013, 09:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile where i was.......

I was at the beginning of my recovery trying to figure out how to put my life back together. after losing my marriage and family, home, job, self respect, self love my thinking was of killing myself.
I was going to counselling and looking in the web for support on divorce and them on alcoholics and by change I stumble on SR.
them I went to a treatment center I start seeing things clearly, I did my first and second month of sobriety there.
I read a lot of the stories in here and it give me hope.
now I been sober for 5 months, working, new apartament, my self respect is back and it brought company my self love, I have better relationship with my kids, the best part that I like about SR is 24 hrs. club run by deeker it make the start of my day brighter.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Redmayne

Alcoholisl - ISM....

I call my disease/illness, Alcohol - ISM.Alcohol being just a symptom of it. The -ISM, being dealing with life itself afterwards, in recovery and sobriety...

The change from living a delusional existence, fuelled by alcohol to living in reality, blessed by sobriety, is no easy task for anyone...

Two key areas of guidance that i used are to be found in the penultimate paragraph of Chapter 11 of 'Alcoholics Anonymous' 4th Ed.,on page 164, where it suggests you,'Sweep away the wreckage of the past, etc'...and in the personal story,'The Keys of the Kingdom' on page 275, in the paragraph that starts,' A.A. is not a plan for recovery...'

Just two of those things that helped me, I hope they help you to....