Notices

Heartfelt gratitude...

Old 10-08-2013, 12:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Redmayne

Heartfelt gratitude...

I've long been aware, that for those who suffer from our disease/illness, that if they continue to drink, there are only two outcomes. Insanity or death, most drinking alcoholics preferring the latter, to come first!

Yesterday I received news that a friends, stepbrother had died of alcoholism...

Neither she, her family or herself knew much about alcoholism, or its effects on not just the drinker, but all those surrounding that person, in whatever context. Family, friends, employers, etc...together with the widespread harm it does in the wider community.

To me, saddened by the loss and the effects it's had on her, it's served as a timely reminder that it's not for nothing that alcoholism is often referred to as a disease of ignorance or a family illness, with widespread effects...on all those who come into contact with it, in whatever context...

Along with the fact that it's one of, if not the most dangerous drugs in the world! It's causes and effects still baffling many other than those who drink it...few people really know much about it...

With heartfelt gratitude, I thank all those organisations and individuals, including this one, that exist and serve to lessen this lack of understanding and ignorance...
Old 10-08-2013, 12:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

yes, it's a grave disease that has been around practically since the beginning of time

I think that we would be amazed to see how many have actually

lost their lives and souls to the booze drink

(for some we could call it the devil in a bottle)

at times it sure brought out the devil in me !

Mountainman