Notices

I enjoy being ...

Old 10-06-2013, 11:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Redmayne

I enjoy being ...

The excellent Sobriety Calendar, tells me that today, right now I've been sober for 2061 days....I can think of no better reason than, each time I intermittently check it...for remembering that at all those days ago.

I like, I'm sure, many others in recovery, thought I'd never manage a day without alcohol! That's the truth...

I'm also reminded that there's no room for complacency in my much prized sobriety. That's not a chore, I enjoy being a recovering alcoholic,and all that sobriety has brought me. Not in fortune or fame, but in the simple pleasures of being alive and feeling as though I'm not only part of life itself, but it has as much to offer me, as , in recovery I have it...
Old 10-07-2013, 12:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on your continued progress

D
Old 10-11-2013, 03:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great work, I am new right now but found this forum very interesting and hoping to be a good member as well
Old 10-11-2013, 03:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Not angry just direct

2061 days?

Jesus.. that's one hell of a number. Extra special kudos for you today, Red.

Just think how ****** life would be if you cancelled out all that effort!

Old 10-12-2013, 10:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Redmayne

Thank you, in recovery and sobriety, one of the most important things I've learned to do, is to stop fighting every one and everything...realizing that my life has turned out exactly as it was meant to be. No more and no less... and the only thing I have to do, on a daily basis. Is hand my life and will, over to the god of my understanding, and let him do the rest...

That, whilst, looking at my past history that I'm one of those properly described by Carl Rogers, as having lead a 'rich', full life of experiential learning. Knowing both great triumph and disaster in equal measure. Yet still retaining the enthusiasm for new experiences....

It's apparent that, that life no longer exists and the future lies not in my hands, but in the go of my understanding....all I have to do is just be myself, leave everything else to him, and everything else will turn out fine...
Old 10-14-2013, 03:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you, Redmayne, for the very honest share. Even though I have time in Sobriety, one of the easiest things to forget in going about every day is to turn it over, as they say. I also adhere to this saying that "I expectant nothing and accept everything and the day goes so much better for me", by Anthony Hopkins (it may not be the exact quote but it's close - you get the idea I'm sure. Congratulations on your continuing Sobriety and God Bless.
Old 10-15-2013, 02:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Redmayne

Thank you...

Thank you, I do know that Anthony Hopkins is himself a recovering alcoholic, but was not aware, although I understand he has helped many people, that he had spoken or written about his own experiences...

Personally I love his film,'The World's Fastest Indian' and have the DVD...even he says it's the best film he's ever made, ironic that it's a biopic, of Burt Munroe, a real character, who never smoked or drank alcohol....
Old 10-15-2013, 02:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Redmayne View Post
Thank you, I do know that Anthony Hopkins is himself a recovering alcoholic, but was not aware, although I understand he has helped many people, that he had spoken or written about his own experiences...

Personally I love his film,'The World's Fastest Indian' and have the DVD...even he says it's the best film he's ever made, ironic that it's a biopic, of Burt Munroe, a real character, who never smoked or drank alcohol....
You're welcome. I reread my note and it needs some spell check and grammar. I'm sorry that it looks like I am not too sharp, just not as sharp as I used to be, ha! Any more words of wisdom are welcome..I carry them with me and it greatly centers me. Much good luck to you. Yes, Anthony Hopkins is one of the lucky ones that has found sobriety and is apparently has no problem sharing that bit of info. He is one of lucky ones who, when sober, appreciates life all the more and can live it to the fullest. My home is in San Diego so I am twice blessed. There are hundreds of meetings here. God Bless.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:55 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Redmayne

Typical alkie...

Oh, don't worry, even in recovery, I'm a typical 'alkie', if not more so!

Unconventional, controversial and outspoken, plus a bit mischievous, at times...In sobriety, I actually not only enjoy that side of me much more and surprisingly find others both warm and welcome it...

Although I do puncture a few egos, not least my own....I don't run the show any more, leave that side of things to the god of my understanding...

So thank you for your time and interest in me and what I have to say...
Old 10-16-2013, 02:53 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Redmayne View Post
Oh, don't worry, even in recovery, I'm a typical 'alkie', if not more so!

Unconventional, controversial and outspoken, plus a bit mischievous, at times...In sobriety, I actually not only enjoy that side of me much more and surprisingly find others both warm and welcome it...

Although I do puncture a few egos, not least my own....I don't run the show any more, leave that side of things to the god of my understanding...

So thank you for your time and interest in me and what I have to say...
The relief of not having to run the show..................Be Blessed Redmayne