Notices

Years

Old 09-30-2013, 07:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Years

I found this site a few years back, i just wasnt ready yet. Upon hitting rock bottom, again, i remembered this site. I needed added support, i needed a place i felt safe and where others understood as well as others can. Sr has been a safe haven for me, i see myself being on here for the rest of my recovery. Thank you sr for giving me a shoulder when i need. Without everyone here i am not sure where i will be.
Old 09-30-2013, 07:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I used SR as my safe place too freespirit86. I owe a big part of my sobriety to the wonderful members here. I'm happy to hear you're finding the same.

Last edited by Opivotal; 09-30-2013 at 03:57 PM.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Redmayne

Sharing experience, strength and hope...

I found this site not long after my,'alcohell' was removed from me by what, given no one was able to offer any other explanation...a spiritual or psychic experience. See the book,'Alcoholic's Anonymous', 4th Edition...

When still rather shaky and unsure of what had happened to me, simply sure in myself that I neither no longer felt the need, nor wanted to drink alcohol any more, but still leading a rather isolated lonely existence. With a feeling of uncertainty, if I paraded my new found, shaky sobriety at an A.A.meeting.

Would either draw a certain amount of cynical disbelief from those present or would there be others who, perhaps in desperation to gain their own sobriety, would hope that by association, something similar to happen to them. Might want to move in with me...eek!

This site, and all that it offers, which is considerable, offered me, a shaky, unsure, recovering alcoholic those three essential qualities. That are vital, in recovery to us all. The opportunity, no matter our race, class or gender, for we all arrive here by different paths...

To share our experience, strength and hope...