Notices

Two maxims...

Old 09-30-2013, 04:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Redmayne

Two maxims...

In sobriety, it's often suggested that I'm 'deep', which I always think simply means that I'm thoughtful. Something I've always, even in my 'drinking days' been. Although then, it was more a case of,'stinkin' thinkin', some thing I think we can all identify with...

If I am then,'deep', I tend to keep the following two maxims to the forefront of my mind. Accepting that whilst I may not be old enough to be wise, I am old enough to be philosophical...

'Keep it simple'and 'Live and let live', as in sobriety it seems to me that to many people are riddled with their own doubts, fears and insecurities, alongside their ignorance,prejudice and bigotry. Often leveled against all and sundry. They, can't see the wood for the trees' so I'm often left asking myself the question,'In God's grand plan , does it really matter?'. Th answer is invariably,'No'.

Accepting that in my case, I refer to,'the god of my understanding', keep it simple, right...

I enhance the meanings of these two maxims by looking for credibility in all people, including myself and things that surround me...

For me, the two most credible things I've ever found are the words written,'The Doctor's Opinion' and the first, 164 pages of ,'Alcoholics Anonymous' 4th Ed.

Because once I'd read and fully understood the meaning of the totality of those words and at the same time took on board those two maxims. I started to get better, ending up in my becoming a sober, recovering alcoholic...