Notices

Older but not wiser

Old 07-29-2013, 06:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Older but not wiser

Been in and out of recovery for 14 years. 4 months clean this time around. This last outing put me in ICU in a coma for 8 days. Coded 3 times. Was at my absolute rock bottom with health legal financial and emotional issues. My addiction wants me dead. But not this time. I found sobriety once again and am going to make it my new way of life. Have to if I want to live and live well. I'm at peace with my world and and very grateful for another opportunity to enjoy life once again. Thank God I have the chance to experience what the rooms of AA and NA have to offer and the hope of a new dawn

Sent from my iPhone using SoberRecovery
Old 07-29-2013, 06:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

hcatoni - I didn't have the same things happen to me, but there was a point when I said "nope, not gonna do this any more".

I truly hope you've reached that point. So glad to hear your gratitude and peace.

Yes....addiction wants us dead. Some of us have become pretty darned close to granting it's wish, but we found recovery instead.

SO glad you are here to tell your story!!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 08-06-2013, 01:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Impurrfect View Post
hcatoni - I didn't have the same things happen to me, but there was a point when I said "nope, not gonna do this any more".

I truly hope you've reached that point. So glad to hear your gratitude and peace.

Yes....addiction wants us dead. Some of us have become pretty darned close to granting it's wish, but we found recovery instead.

SO glad you are here to tell your story!!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Thanx Amy. Yes. I pulled through by the skin of my teeth this time. I'm here for a reason. I just have to figure that one out 😁

Sent from my iPhone using SoberRecovery
Old 08-06-2013, 10:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Keep sharing your story!
it reminds me why I'm here as a mere infant in my sobriety.
Keep strong & always remember 'your here for a reason'!
Old 08-09-2013, 05:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I too thank god for being able to reach my bottom( many dont get that chance) and find the rooms of na, aa, and ca. I am happy that you found that. Praying for you and all other recovering addicts. Meetings makers make it!!