Notices

what brought me here

Old 04-01-2013, 03:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

what brought me here

I was 30 something days clean and having a huge break down mentally. The cravings were torturing me that day I felt worthless and just wanted to take off and get high to numb my emotional pain. I felt alone and like no one understood what I was going through. I felt judged and like everyone was expecting way to much from me. I was having guilt about my past.
ALL OF THIS was triggered by someone saying that ive been really gaining weight since getting clean. I know now they meant i was looking healthy but at the time I felt like I was a fat lazy loser with no accomplishments other then getting off drugs and feeling sorry for my babies having an imperfect woman as their mommy.
I NEEDED someone ANYONE to talk to that understood what I was going through and distract me from going off and relapsing. I googled recovering drug addict support forums and HERE I AM!!!!! This forum is a GODSEND to me.
Old 04-01-2013, 03:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HealingMySoul View Post
I googled recovering drug addict support forums and HERE I AM!!!!! This forum is a GODSEND to me.
And you are a Godsend too! One day you will realize how very important you already are to God and you will be able to use your story to help other newcomers and you help me too!
Old 04-01-2013, 04:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi HealingMySoul, I can relate to your post. I felt the same way when I came here. SR helped me in more ways than I can say. I thought I was alone in my journey. I was met with kindness and understanding. I'm so happy you feel the same way.

Please keep posting, we're here for each other!

Best Wishes To You!
Old 04-01-2013, 08:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by deeker View Post
And you are a Godsend too! One day you will realize how very important you already are to God and you will be able to use your story to help other newcomers and you help me too!
Thank you love!! I want anyone and everyone to feel important and know they have a purpose even if they fell into the devils spiral of addiction. We are human we make mistakes. What matters is what we do once we have made the mistakes and what we learn from the experiences. I have gained wisdom in my life I don't think I would have ever learner had I not went through the addicted part of my life.