Notices

I was pretending life was fine,me no issue here

Old 03-01-2013, 08:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I was pretending life was fine,me no issue here

[I was in bed most of the day,why because the drugs had quiet working and I was detoxing at my script limit. As i had been doing for the past year. A friend the day before had said he is a Dr. and he is going to oversee new Dr.'s at the hospital who are in training and he made a comment That these Dr.'s need training in the beginning on how much narcotics they give out,and oversee if it becomes an issues. Well I had taken offense because I had it for my pain. I have a medical condition. And I am not saying people don't need pain meds. I probably do but when i have been at the higher doses of meds for over 15 years and it has affected my quality of life I just couldn't get the thought out of my head that I was addicted to the stuff and having withdrawal every. Day. So I said as I lay in bed I have had enough of feel sick almost all day,no energy. Ashamed of the amount of drugs I have . have to keep some at house and in my purse because in short my body has become accustomed to them. So I had this great idea to just stop some of narcotics and use some of the other stuff to help me quit. It was not going to be a problem. WHO was I kidding, I was so sick and I was looking at every site on line for some help. This site was a GOd send and I can not stay off of it because I feel so desperate right now. Day 6 and feel almost like day 3. One day at a time,going to buy something little but nice after first week. All these blogs gives me hope and I like helping others. Not that I know much. But it is often easier to see others issues than our own. Thanks everyone who has been helpful.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hopefully by now you're feeling better. I too struggle with chronic pain, exacerbated by my current lack of fitness. It's especially tough when I had been athletic most of my life, playing Soccer 'til I was 36, riding my bicycle 75-100/miles or more a week until recent years.

I know it will be a gradual process but any step you take is progress. Just keep as positive as possible...we all know what you're going through to some extent.