Notices

On a Forked Road

Old 02-19-2013, 07:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
back on the red road

On a Forked Road

Today I'm quitting not because I've ruined my life, hurt people or even myself. I'm quitting because I see 2 ways my life can go and it's time to choose the road I want to travel. Do I want to be a person repeating the same cycles over and over never moving above and beyond where I am now? No. I want to choose the path that will lead me to the world I've always dreamed of. I want to travel, do things with family, meet new people and have new experiences. In order to do this I have to work for it. I have a career that will take me to my dreams but I have to work hard not just do the bare minimum to get by financially. When I'm sober I work alot and I get things accomplished that I should have done years ago. When I'm not sober I will think of all the things I should be doing and dream of the world I want but never do a thing to get it. When I'm sober and I accomplish something I always think "That was easy! Why didn't I do that years ago?". It's because the alcohol and marijuana have me thinking I can't do it so I may as well not try. Well, I've been thinking about this for weeks now and summer is coming up. There are trips I want to take this summer and I need a clear mind to plan them out. I'm walking around with a cloudy mind that isn't really functioning like it should right now. I need to clear it and cleanse myself from all the toxins I've been putting in my body. I'm excited and ready. This is way overdue.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Light,,

I can totally relate. I've been skating by at work, successfully so, but still not doing my best. And the cloudy mind... I know EXACTLY what you mean. Day 2 for me, so far so good, but not yet in uncharted territory. Stay strong and reach out if you need anything! All the best
Old 02-24-2013, 03:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Keep strong and keep honest with yourself!! You can accomplish anything with your strong will!! Best of wishes K1rk