Notices

Where the heck was I

Old 02-18-2013, 07:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Where the heck was I

When I found SR I basically just typed in benzo withdrawal symptoms because I have been having a tough time coming off Xanax. Some posts came up that people had submitted on this site and I found them very informational. So I went to the main page and started signed up and have been reading just about all day. Besides heavy drinking I was on Drs script for xanax for 7 yrs and I feel that A.A. is not the place to talk about my non alcohol drug use. This group has answered many questions that have left me stumped. I am 31 days sober from both and trying to live a productive life. It will take some time to get my brain and muscle power back but that is something that I accept. Just have that hope that it does come back and that I did not fry my brain too badly..
Old 02-18-2013, 07:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
LDT

I had a dual addiction of alcohol and Xanax. My doctor prescribed Xanax to help with sleep, and my growing dependance on it caught me totally by surprise ...never saw that coming. It's an awful, awful drug....Kicking both booze and Xanax was difficult for me......but I did it and so can you. I think you will find your brain and muscle power coming back, even if it does so slowly. Mine did. 31 days is awesome, but still early. Best suggestion I can give you is have patience with yourself.