Notices

Reflections....

Old 02-14-2013, 08:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Redmayne

Reflections....

Today marks the anniversary of my fifth year of obriety, my morning cup of tea never tasted so sweet...

Reflecting on these past five years, the two highlights have been that I was sober when my mother died in 2009 and still sober when my grandson was born a year later and have remained so ever since...

I still believe that both ,'The Doctors Opinion' and the first 164 pages of the book,'Alcoholics Anonymous', 4th Ed. are amongst the most honest, trest words I've ever read, and I am a voracious reader.

My favourite amongst the personal stories is still, 'The Keys of the Kingdom'.

I am only to aware, that I am a 'real alcoholic', first mentioned in Chapter 3, of that book. Which simply means that my body doesn't digest alcohol at the same rate as others, leaving the alcohol (drug) in my dody to destroy me, physically, mentally and spiritually. Non of this exists any more...

As much as I call my disease/illness alcohol-ISM, that alcohol being but a symptom, dealing with the -ISM's that remain, life itself, is, the hardest part.Once the alcohol has been removed...

For this I rely on the god of my understanding, who has remained as close to me, as I have to him, since I was relieved of my 'alcohell' that night 5 years ago, when no one else was present and I thought I'd never see this morning or anyother for that matter...

So, that's me, I've no inspirational words or great musings, all I do know, without any real thought on the matter. Is that I gave myself five years, to ascertain that I really was safe, sane and sober and to then to be comfortable in myown skin, and just be me...a recovering alcoholic. With all my faults and frailties....a human being, no more, no less....
Old 02-14-2013, 09:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on 5 years redmayne

D