Notices

Good to be back

Old 01-06-2013, 01:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Good to be back

So, sadly, i had almost 2.5 yrs of recovery, went out & today is my first day back in recovery (i went out in November 2012).
Last drunk was last nite. It wasnt the train wreck i experienced the first time i got sober. But, the guilt, shame & torture i put myself thru upon waking up was AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL. I was free from that for 2.5 yrs. want that again. The "yets" were breathing down my neck. Here's to today's White chip (raising Diet Coke ). Love AA, adore my sponsor & grateful I dont have to do this alone. Just found this app. What an awesome tool! Looking fwd to knowing this new (to me) fellowship. Thx f/letting this girl share. xxx!
Meg
Atlanta
Old 01-06-2013, 02:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to SR meg and congrats on your sobriety

D
Old 01-24-2013, 07:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Amolibri

Thank you, SR, for being there for us. I haven't been here for quite a long time. I first came to the site when my AS was very sick in his addiction. He had been clean for 18 mos. and recently relapsed. I want to believe that this is part of his recovery, but I am beside myself with worry.
He had been in a supportive apt. situation, but his relapse caused him to lose it. He's now in a motel with his girlfriend (also an addict).
I am grateful that I have many years in the program, and have so many friends I can talk to. I do know what I must do for ME....but it's SO difficult.

Thanks again for your inspiration.
msmom