Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Where Were You?
Reload this Page >

i was a month away from my first anniversary and i was feeling....bleh

Notices

Old 10-05-2012, 10:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I smoked marijuana for six years and didnt plan on quitting anytime soon when my husband got arrested for possession. They only found a little budlet on him and a pipe while he had two jars of high grade and a scale in his trunk. He spent a night in jail and payed a seven hundred dollar fine. We realized how lucky we were to get off so easy so we decided to quit that day and we did. We experienced withdrawal symptoms which weren't as severe, im sure, as withdrawals from other drugs but they were withdrawals and we experienced them. Ive always had anxiety,and depression which ive self medicated with the weed. When i realized it was time to say goodbye i cried like i lost my best friend, i cried out "my WEED!" pathetic, i know, but its funny, too. I never intend to take prescription drugs so ive struggled with the anxiety and depression since i quit so on the day i discovered this site i was really stressing out. I'm not tempted to smoke again but i struggle with this afterlife and i need contact with people who share similar experiences.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Night owl

I know what you mean. I smoked pot daily for several years in my twenties and even though quitting was absolutely the right, lifesaving thing to do, I too missed it terribly. It was my best friend, my family, my ally, always there for me.

It was really hard to quit, I had withdrawals also and cravings every day for months. But I'd also lost my motivation, become really tired and worn out on it and was using it to stuff other pain. The stuffing became more painful than anything so I finally quit.

I'm really glad I quit but also glad for my experiences with marijuana--it taught me a lot.

Good luck with your quitting and don't be afraid to grieve. It really is ending a relationship and even though that is the best choice, there's still a lot of emotions and feelings to process.