Notices

The beginning of detox...

Old 09-17-2012, 11:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Fighting for Sobriety

The beginning of detox...

Today I hit the wall, rock bottom, breaking point, whatever you want to call it, I have had enough. I am addicted to opiates... I have had the on again off again run ins with this drug but at age 29 I am ready to call it quits for good and start my new life, a sober life. I realize what is to come this next week as I have already started the detox process, but I am ready, and the pain and distress I know I am about to endure weighs next to nothing of being sober and non drug dependent. So here it goes, I know there will be more to come, and I will try to share my journey, through the highs and lows of my fight for sobriety.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Fighting for Sobriety

Con't

So today I hit the 24 hour mark. Honestly its getting pretty tuff, I have one thing on my mind that I cannot remove. I am fighting desperately not to just get in my car and drive to make it end and fulfill the short time high... however I know I cannot continue to live like that and must endure this mental pain I am going through. That short time happiness, weighs next to nothing for the life of being sober, and happy forever that I am about to unlock.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Fighting for Sobriety

Thank you lfh!

Thanks for your words of encouragement! Seriously I do not know how to express in words how much having support means and effects me. Just that little motivation, goes such a long way. I will continue this fight, and try to keep you all updated, as this continues on.I have made a pact to myself that when it gets really hard to come to this site and write and document the struggles as I have found this to be very healing, and giving myself that extra little strength I need. A life is being saved and recovered, and for that I am ultimately greatful.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Fighting for Sobriety

Doing this on my own actually, really hard, but almost through it all.