Notices

newbieee

Old 06-11-2012, 10:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

newbieee

Hi all, I was reading english translation of The Holy Qu'ran, then I googled what the Qu'ran has to say about addiction and recovery, it came up with a number of links and somehow I ended up here...
Old 06-11-2012, 11:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I have never read the Qu'ran but have always wanted to.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

When I was innocent I once finished reading the arabic Qu'ran...then in my teenage years and adulthood I was infected with evil deeds and in my end I found that I have forgotten how to read it...well now I'm again trying to learn Qu'ran and follow Allah and His Prophet's way of living
Old 06-12-2012, 12:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

For people like us Iblish (Satan) is the solid form of drugs and I should take every precautions of keeping satan away from me.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Makub View Post
For people like us Iblish (Satan) is the solid form of drugs and I should take every precautions of keeping satan away from me.
Thats for all of us my friend...anywhere in the world. Keep the bad out & let the good in. For me, I have to get out of the way of myself and not drink.
Old 06-12-2012, 03:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I pray to Allah for all addicts specially those who are still facing addictions...may all of us rest in peace
Old 06-13-2012, 01:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Redmayne

It's what you do here....

I'm sure this is all good, positive thinking,for as much as a number of various beliefs, theology's etc., will look towards people malking 'spiritual' progress and refraining from attachments to those things, e'g. alcohol, drugs, promiscuous sex, etc., that harm both themselves and others.

Equally so it is often said that 'alcoholism' is a disease/illness of ignorance.

My problem is, simply by way of constructive comment, as a ,'recovering alcoholic' that those who've suffered, under,'the lash of John Barleycorn' likeme and countless others. See the book,'Alcoholics Anonymous', know only to well that alcohol, 'takes no prisoners' and is not selective about who it either kills or drives to insanity. If you're lucky, you'll die first.

Regardless of race, class, gender or their derivatives, i.e. age (dis)ability, religous beliefs or faiths, equally so ,in 'recovery' the same principles apply, which, unless someone is going to tell me I'm wrong, this site is called the ,'Sober Recovery Community' it's primary purpose being to help and support those who suffer from propblems with alcohol and drug abuse, no matter their race, class, gender or creed.

The path to recovery and sobriety is the same the world over, how or why you got here and the 'path' that brought you here in the first place, really doesn't matter. It's what you do here that matters.

Just a thought....may the god of your understanding go with you, saleh.