Notices

A particularly bad night

Old 05-02-2012, 03:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A particularly bad night

When I realized I had to quit I had just woken up on the floor of the bathroom naked and covered in vomit. I vaguely remembered getting thrown out of the bar the night before but nothing after that. I looked at my phone and realized that I had talked to my girlfriend for 20 minutes. I called her and she filled me in on the rest. After I got kicked out of the bar I got onto the roof and destroyed some stuff. Then I ran as fast as I could home. hearing this i threw up some more and started crying. I went for a few days sober and then decided to look for help forums. I found this site and I'm glad I did. It helps to read about people going through the same thing I am. Anyway thanks everyone and if anyone wants to talk let me know
Old 05-04-2012, 11:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Redmayne

One thing I'll say...

One thing I'll say isthat if you stay on here long enough or attend A.A. meetings, for long enough, I'll guarantee that one day you'll here a person you've never even met, tell exactly the same story...may be a little bit better, probably a lot worse...

Second thing is to say,'Hi, glad you're here,' and I hope you find the help and support in the various forums and posts that lead you on to recovery...
Old 07-05-2012, 01:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Unhappy time to stop

Thank you for being here!
I was googling am I an alcoholic? and taking at least 8 surveys, trying to find the one that would tell me my daily drinking of 6 to 8, 32 ounce tumblers of vodka/lemonades didn't mean I was a drunk. Never happened! LOL! long story short, started drinking at 12, loved it from the first taste, rehab at 32, sober for an amazing 9 years, and as we love to manipulate and deceive ourselves as alcoholcs, thought I can handle 1 drink,Ive been sober this long I must be "cured".And I'm sure many of you know the end of that story. Well I coming up on my 61rst birthday,and even though I continue to function well at my career, have not been in trouble with the law,I realized when I was out of town over the 4th, that I had to buy at least a couple bottles of wine to get me through the evening. As I played with my grandkids,and drank my "grown-up" drink, I came to the sad realization that I barely got my buzz on. My 8 year old grandson said, have some tea instead g-ma.But my answer was no.

I do not want to be the old drunken grandma sitting in the corner that everyone pities,but I'm terrified today,I know it's time to stop, but I'm so afraid I won"t.
So very glad God guided me to you all! I'll keep coming back,cause I know it works, if I choose to work it.
Old 07-05-2012, 02:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Bianka

Welcome to SR!

I just discovered this site this past weekend and it has been a godsend. Vodka and a splash of grapefruit juice was my downfall. Like you... I quit at 32 (stayed sober for 22 years) only to "test the waters" again two years ago. BIG MISTAKE. They say you pick up where you left off... it didn't take me too long before I was an even bigger drunk than before...plus this older body/mind of mine can't withstand the damage as much.

So here's to your recovery. Life truly is more beautiful sober. Your grandkids deserve to see G-ma around for many more years...

Take care, carvel
Old 07-05-2012, 03:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
In Progress

I'm here after coming off a 3 day binge and having the worst withdrawal ever on the second day. I can't do this to myself anymore, I'm not even enjoying the drinking during the intoxication. I don't know how I have let it have so much control. It's Thursday and I just ate something for the first time since Monday, I have barely been able to keep water down or even move from bed. This is no way to live life.
Old 07-05-2012, 05:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome Lily!

You've come to a good place.

You need to see your doctor and tell him/her what you're going through. Detox can be deadly. All I can say is that you will get better.

I get comfort from reading SR posts and from the encouragement of this community of people who know what you are dealing with.

Good luck to you... we're here to help.

Take care, carvel
Old 07-07-2012, 05:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I found my moment of clarity whilst sat by the toilet trying to take sips of vodka in between vomiting into the toilet and struggling what the heck I had said and done the night before.