Notices

I was hiding..

Old 04-15-2012, 02:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I was hiding..

Behind the alcohol and destructive activities.. I was drowning my pain and looking for love in all the wrong places. I made the decision two weeks ago to change my life around.

The weekend I chose change was full of drinking! That Friday I had blacked out and had made the person I care about lose trust in me. I had gotten really sick, and the black out concerned me. Then the next day I was the sober one and the person I care about got trashed and said things that made me lose trust in him. My life was full of destruction. I didnt want to keep hurting the person I care about and I dont want him to continue hurting me.

So...I found this wonderful website! I see an addiction counselor once a week who also helps with unresolved pain from years before. And ive been looking into AA meetings in my area.

My life in the last couple of weeks since giving up the destructive tendencies have been a challenge. But a real eye opener. Im looking forward to growth and much less drama!
Old 04-16-2012, 12:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Redmayne

Great post!

Hi, nice to see you here! Great post, not least because I can identify with much of what you said, especially in the area of relationships, in my case although we were both alcoholics, it lead to that worst scenerio of all, and I became the victim of domestic violence, along with, on one occasion a police officer. That is not, in anyway my trying to absolve myself in any way for my alcoholism. It's often said that alcoholism is a family illness, afffecting all that come into contact with it. I believe that to be true. So, again, thanks for your post.