Notices

what brought me to this point

Old 02-26-2012, 06:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

what brought me to this point

heres my story ..ill keep it brief ..dated this girl in 03 ..we were on and off for two years then we finally split ..at the time i was drinking socially ..like the college student i was ..i turned 21 once i realized i didn't need to rely on others to get me booze cause i was legal.and i lost who i thought was the love of my life ..i started drinking on my lonesome ..as well as smoking ciggs (dont ask me why couldnt tell you )...07 was the first time i tryed to stop smoking it worked for a few months..but i kept up with the drinking and continued eventually with the drinking ..i stopped for a few months in 08/09..cause of reason i dont want to say
my uncle was redoing his house during this period i was put up at and hotel ..and given freedom..for which i would come home from work and head strait to the liquor store for booze...then i started going out to this chinese resturant for food and drink...then i moved back in with my uncle after house was completed ..and contiued with my same habits ..periodically i would stop smoking but would continue with drinking..and vice versa ..the more i got into the daily routine of working long days at a warehouse the more i got into the drinking world ..
i would usually drink at least 2 bottles a week of vodka when i was at the hotel and when i got home ...it would be every other night i'd mix something with vodka a few hours before bed.

more recently ive cut down to holding out till thursdays to drink.that was when i would usually get paid soo i would start the weekends early ..and wouldnt stop till monday again ..last year the recession had me in and out employment..i met this older women who was a:day and avid smoker..so i would start smoking and again..also cause i worked night shifts. Some of my employees would start drinking during the day ..so i would start drinking again ..just about every friday.Sat..till i quit that job..lets skip to a year later ..today ive finally found a sustainable job ..a day job which i plan to stay at ..till i get enough money to move on to L.A ...but realised i was sick and tired of the feeling that hte substance as giving me whether i was using or not ..so as of Jan 25 th ive decided to quit drinking ..this is where im at ..ive been feeling weird though ..during the day i noticed my mind racing ..with thoughts and weird moods at and all of a sudden type way..im starting to realize that its some of the emotions ive been surpressing with booze...this is where im at
Old 02-29-2012, 12:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Redmayne

If you stick around...

Hi, great thread, good to see you here, there's a saying that does the rounds on here and at AA meetings, many will vouch for it's truth and veracity,'If you stick around long enough, one day you'll hear your story' coming from the lips,or asin this case keyboard of a perfect stranger. I can certainly identify with your story, may be not inj whole, but the basic elements are there and I'm sure a whole lot of other people on here can, ok.

Now, once you start making use of the facilities provided here, may be back it up by attending some, AA meetings, guess what? In recovery, the same principle applies, so it's a two-way street.

Just got pick up the simple kit of spiritual tools found in AA's suggested 12 Step Programme of recovery, follow them thoroughly and then you're going the other way. Away from alcohell into recovery along with all the others who've heard your story and turned their lives around.

May the god of your understanding go with you...