Notices

Out of this world.

Old 01-03-2012, 10:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Out of this world.

When I found SR, I was not intentionally looking for a website actually to join and write threads for forums and blogs. It happened very coincidentally actually, I was looking for a goodbye letter format for my DOC to write and post for an article on hubpages.com. Funny actually because I never found the format for the goodbye letter, I got so sunk into this site.

Emotionally I think I was pretty stable when I found SR, I was looking through old pictures and some other odds and ends that made me start thinking about my past and it started to get me a little down and starting to feel negative about my life. I know I shouldn't be thinking about the past because the past is in the past. But I don't understand why people say that in NA because I sometimes need to remember and think about the past to remind myself what it is that I don't want anymore. I don't want those feelings of guilt, misery and self-worthlessness. I won't dwell on the past no but I need to remind myself sometimes what I have gone through to get to where I am today.

Mentally I have been ok and I was alright when I found this site. I stopped taking my meds for my anxiety and depression and started writing instead. It is a coping mechanism that I find very helpful. I haven't had any anxiety attacks or bad depression issues at all. And it makes me feel good to know that I can handle my life without psych meds or drugs period.

That is where I was when I discovered SR. And I am so very happy that I did find this site.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Redmayne

Lovely post..

Lovely post,...thank you...essentially I say this for because I've been sober, getting on 4 years now, the jury's still out as to whther I'm sane, of course I am in real terms. Plus I now live in safe environment, which I didn't use to, this was my 5th home in 7 years until I landed in my present accommodation.

So, yes, I'm safe, sane and sober, but I still suffer bouts of uncertainty, doubt and fear, depression even.

What I've realised is that whilst some of this may be attributable to my 30 years of alcoholism, it's quite normal, and when those things hit me they're easily dealt with.

A reality check on myself, works wonders. I maintain my attempts to make spiritual progress, I can, if I'm not careful backslide on that, like everyone else. I like to 'grow' learning new things, and like to look at, 'Mairie Jahoda's' guide to ideal mental health. Tick all those boxes self perception, asdapting to your environment, etc is a good indicator that you're doing it right!

So, thank you,once again, may the god of you're understanding go with you...
Old 01-25-2012, 03:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats to you and we should hope that more people could find this website and change always for the better. This is among the best places to start anew.