Notices

Saving Place

Old 11-12-2011, 06:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Newcomer

Saving Place

I don't remember who told me about this site, but I am very grateful for it. It allows me to read about others who are successfully dealing with some of the same issues I deal with. I drank and took Xanax to get the numbness that it would bring. There are times when I yearn for that feeling but I come here and read some of the threads and blogs and know that I am not alone. I can handle whatever life throws at me without hiding because I draw strength from others who are doing it. Thanks to all who take the time to post their success stories as well as their fears.
Old 11-12-2011, 10:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Redmayne

Thank you,...

Thank you, ...others may not see it, but it takes courage to posta thread on here, for as much as it takes courageto sit in a roomful of strangers, perhaps bfor the first time and say, " I'm xxxxx, and I'm an alcoholic".

So I hope for you, me and all who come to this site and gain those things you mention in their recovery and ultimately their sobriety, you continue to read, learn and perhaps, now and then allow us the privige of sharing your thoughts, feelings and emotions,...may the god of your understanding go with you...
Old 01-25-2012, 03:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

When I joined here, I was already recovered from being a former alcoholic. And my purposes here that I joined in is to help and share my personal experience in giving people the hope to change and forget their dark pasts and move forward in their lives with a better perspective.