SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Where Were You? (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/where-were-you/)
-   -   I regretted drinkin the night before (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/where-were-you/239522-i-regretted-drinkin-night-before.html)

dawnie24 10-25-2011 05:18 PM

I regretted drinkin the night before

How I ended up on SR...

It was a sunday morning , I felt sick , paranoid and had lot of anger and anxiety from the night before and bein drunk when I said I wouldn't drink..

I was on google and typed (I can't remember) and it had loads of websites to help stop drinkin and going into recovery .. All I seen was "SoberRecover" I clicked on the link I seen it had loads of forums and signed up with 10 minutes I was posting...

Looking at what other people had put made me feel like I weren't alone and I can help someone like they can help me.

I'm happy I joined SR and its helping me very well I'm now on 4th day tomorrow without booze and I feel better for myself like a big massive problem as weighted off my head..

THANK YOU SR - you are changing many lifes xx

Dee74 10-25-2011 05:30 PM

it's good to have you here :)

D

dawnie24 10-25-2011 05:33 PM

Thank you dee :) I don't know why I put a grin on the post subject but if I didn't have a drink that night I wouldn't of found this site but I'm actually glad I did :)

Redmayne 10-26-2011 03:52 AM

Good to see you here...

Hi, ! good to see you here, especially as we're practically neighbours, I hope you find SRC helpful, I did and still do, there's a weath of help and support on here, all you've got to do is take the actions, easier said than done, but a day at a time, and don't ask to much of yourself, it'll all come at it's own pace, just stayfocussed, and may the 'god of your understanding' go with you.:welcome

dawnie24 10-26-2011 04:25 AM

Thank you and yeah we practically like neighbours everyones had there issues so we've all got somethin in common

Opivotal 10-26-2011 07:20 AM

Hi Dawnie! I'm so happy you found us. I think your post is how a lot of people feel. Most of us found SR by "accident". Best accident I ever had! SR helped me stay sober my first week of recovery. I will be forever grateful. Keep reading and posting here...it helps to share and get support.

Congratulations on day 4!!!!!

Best Wishes To You!

dawnie24 10-26-2011 12:33 PM

Thank god for google I'm really happy to be here... every day and night I like to come to post how things are doin and to read other stories

Danica2011 10-26-2011 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by dawnie24 (Post 3148936)
How I ended up on SR...

It was a sunday morning , I felt sick , paranoid and had lot of anger and anxiety from the night before and bein drunk when I said I wouldn't drink..

I was on google and typed (I can't remember) and it had loads of websites to help stop drinkin and going into recovery .. All I seen was "SoberRecover" I clicked on the link I seen it had loads of forums and signed up with 10 minutes I was posting...

Looking at what other people had put made me feel like I weren't alone and I can help someone like they can help me.

I'm happy I joined SR and its helping me very well I'm now on 4th day tomorrow without booze and I feel better for myself like a big massive problem as weighted off my head..

THANK YOU SR - you are changing many lifes xx

This is my story to a tee. It's incredible how so many of us have similar stories. Today is my day 4. Last drink I had was last saturday night. I'm so motivated this time... I am also so grateful to have found this place online! Thanks to all of you who are a part of this!

dawnie24 10-26-2011 11:37 PM

Hi danica, yeah we all have similar stories and my quittin day were the sunday (I think) lol
There's loads more joining too I wonder how many members there is :p

Dee74 10-27-2011 12:36 AM

as of right now

Members: 86,193
not all here at once of course :D

D

dawnie24 10-27-2011 02:35 AM

Wow that's a lot :)

lavida 10-28-2011 08:22 AM

good on you, best decision of your life u will make, my journey starts today

dawnie24 10-28-2011 09:56 AM

Good luck to you its very hard