Notices

The reasons I am here.

Old 08-13-2011, 08:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The reasons I am here.

I have been taking vicodin for almost 2 years now. I started with 1 5/500 a day and now I'm up to 3-4 7.5/650 a day. I didn't see this as being a problem as I needed it for legitimate medical reasons. (transient reoccurring intussusception). However this month, I tried to obtain it illegally. I wanted those pills so bad that I badgered the person who was supposed to give them to me. So much so that he finally just told me forget it. (I never thought in a million years I would do something like that) The last three months in a row I ran out early and was forced into withdrawal. I broke down and went to the doctor and lied about why I had taken too many and ran out 11 days early. The Pharmacy looked at me like a drug seeker. So embarrassing. I fight with my boyfriend and yell at my son for no reason. So I am done. I REFUSE to walk down this path any further.

Next month I am going into an inpatient rehab facility. I hope this is the beginning of a new life. I have come to this decision on my own with no help from anyone else. I've seen too many people in my family get so lost with pills that they lost their families, their houses, their jobs and even their life. (my aunt passed from a brain hemorrhage from drug use).

I just hope my life can be as good without the pills as it is with them. I'm so scared.
Old 08-13-2011, 07:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello luciddreamrgrl.

I had a problem with the pills also. I don't understand how this drug is so addicting, but it is. Anyone I know that got prescribed oxy/hydrocodone for legitimate reasons, eventually had to take more.
Your life will be better, not having to even think about a pill when you first awaken.
I'm glad to see your going to a facility, it's a small amount of time, compared to the rest of your life.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you for your reply

I always assumed I could keep it under control and as it turns out, I can't. Thank God I realized it before my habit was way worse. I feel bad for those taking 30 mg of OC a day plus other things on top of it. I know that withdrawals would be way worse for me.
Old 08-14-2011, 04:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

All the best to you
You may want to read or post in the substance abuse area. There are people struggling with this terrible drug.