Notices

Steady progress...

Old 06-30-2011, 10:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Redmayne

Steady progress...

The sobriety calendar tells me that I'm 1231 days sober today, ask me 1232 days ago if I'd ever spend one day sober, I would have looked at you as if you were as crazy as me!

So what's happened in those 1231 days, I've no idea, obviously my health has improved, although I timed it just right to start feeling the onset of the viscitudes of aging, 65 in a couple of months.

Mentally, I'm still not quite sure that I'm in 'the same room' as everyone else,other than on SRC, society seems to have moved on, become more self absorbed and materialistic, but then I probably missed these 'subtle' changes in a 30 yr drinking history, and it doesn't really fit with my spirituality today. No problem, 'live and let live'.

Proudest moments, I was sober at the time of my mother, who was also my best friend, death almost two years ago, just as I was sober at the birth of my grandson a year later, almost to the day.

Reflecting on my life today, at this moment, I live ina safe, secure environment, and didn't used to, in fact when I arrived here some 6 months before I got sober this was my 5th home in 7 years.

Myfinances have stabilised so I enjoy a secure income that will take care of me 'til I cast off this mortal coil, without having to be a burden on my son or the State.

My biggest enemy is still, 'self will', I bet we all know that one, and a tendency, without a sharp reminder, that's where you guys come in, to go on a 'dry bender'.

My biggestthrill is to continue to make 'spiritual progress', to try to help others and in doing so help asnd improve my own knowledge about my physical and mental state, depressions a bit of a pain at times, and mostimportantly to remember I'm alive, when in truth I should be dead, could I ask for more...