Notices

Deadly hungover

Old 06-24-2011, 08:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Deadly hungover

and on the sofa was where I was when I found SR. I had probably drank just enough alcohol the night before to decide I should drink tequila. Then probably four shots of Patron so I was absolutely toxic. I read about the danger of detox and I wonder how many of my hangovers were actually dangerous. Shaking, sweating, brainstem headache, joint pain, kidney pain, diarreah, clogged sinuses, all those were surely present the day I found SR.

I knew I was in trouble. I had been researching the definition of alcoholic to prove it to myself, but I knew it. Still, I didn't have the ammo to tell my husband it had to stop.

I remember crying with relief after reading the first round of posts and I remember the importance of that first post where I admitted myself into the universe as an alcoholic.

SR provides such an important outlet. I have now been able to attend a single AA meeting having practiced, but I feel I have to much support.

Thank you SR.
Old 06-26-2011, 12:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Redmayne

'researching being an alcoholic'?

Welcome, I'm not only glad you found SR, as everyone is here is I'm sure, I personally am pleased to see you...

On the subject of 'researching being an alcoholic',an old guy down in Mexico once indirectly gave me a few clues on this valuable experience...

1. if you get sunburn on the roof of your mouth...

2. if at the time you're arrested for 'drunk driving' you're sat in the back of your car...

3.if you're arrested for being 'drunk in a public place' at the time you're in jail, having already been arrested for being 'drunk in apublic place'...

you're probably an alcoholic...sounds about right to me...

Take care,and may the god of your understanding go with you, ...