Notices

Now...

Old 04-12-2011, 10:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Now...

... I am sitting on the bed of a weekly rental motel at about 1am, listening to the thump of music from another room while the Spurs v Lakers recap is on TV (I think that the wireless [complimentary of the management... nice touch in a dive like this...] interferes with the television signal... but I'm not watching the TV anyway...

I don't even know who won - but it doesn't really matter: Spurs have already clinched the West, and sat their star players for this game.

It's ten days since my wife finally got fed up with my crap and kicked me out of the house (nice pad too... peaceful... in the country...) - so it's...

something...

I found this site by googling "alcoholics forums": I am normally active on another forum (for bipolar/depression), but my wife is also active on that forum... and I do not want my presence there making her uncomfortable - but damn... a person just needs the company of folks who understand what they're going through...

Two days sober now.

Thanks y'all!

M'best - Thomas
Old 04-12-2011, 11:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on your two days! I have depression too. Alcohol only makes it...and everything else worse. Keep posting!
Old 04-13-2011, 12:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR and to Newcomers Thomas

D
Old 04-14-2011, 07:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations room19 on 2 days. Hang in there! Life is so much better when alcohol is NOT part of the plan. You can mend relationships, hold your head up, get healthy, and reclaim your life.

Welcome