Notices

Soooo Thankful For This Forum

Old 03-25-2011, 01:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Soooo Thankful For This Forum

I just wanted to share my graditude for this site and for all of you that have posted your experiences. In 2001, I was in a horrible ATV accident. I have had two lumbar surgeries and three neck surgeries. Being tired of living out of the bottle, I got online to look for some help. I found the site and saw how many brave souls decided to just cold turkey off of the drugs. I went off of valium 10mg/4 day, oxycodone 30mg/7-9 day, fiorcet 6-10 day on Friday 3/18/11. Reading others experiences really gave me the solace that, I too, could get through it. The first day was pretty excrutiating. I had a headache that I thought would kill me for 24 hours. I took hot showers, two benedral every 4-6 hours and watched movies that I had seen numerous times. By hour 30, the headaches that had plagued me everyday were gone, the vomiting had subsided and I was realizing that I was gonna make it. Day two I knew I was not in my right mind; so I just kept watching mindless TV and continued the showers. I was unable to eat, so I drank plenty of Gatorade. On day 4 I went shopping and tried to keep busy. I saw my pain management doctor on day 5 and was releaved to hear him say that I was on the downhill slope of the withdrawal. Today is day 7, and I feel good. I finally got a good night sleep last night and have been cleaning house all day. Again, I am sooo grateful for finding this site and I thank all of you that shared your experiences. God bless you all.
Old 03-25-2011, 02:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR maiditthru

D
Old 03-25-2011, 02:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee, that's a beautiful quote.
Old 03-25-2011, 02:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

thanks maid

Feel free to join us in the Newcomers Forum too - always lots going on there
Newcomers to Recovery - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

D
Old 04-01-2011, 08:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
The Winner Takes It All!!!!!

Got to say thank to, its a life changer!