Notices

one day at a time

Old 11-10-2010, 06:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

one day at a time

well when i found this site i was a month or so sober,im still a wreck now but im sober and that is first in my life now,i have had a love affair with opiates for 17 yrs. and alcohal and other things,things i do today is read medatations in morn,go to meetings,and talk to sponser,and gonna try to stay connected with this site,sometimes i say serenity prayer 100 times a day and sometimes 2 times a day,all i know right now is that i want too live,and i wanna be around positive people,and today i have a relationship with my hp,and with his help i can make it today
Old 11-10-2010, 10:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

One day at a time.

A sobering thought, not least because it's so true. When my alcoholism was taken from me on the 15th of February,2008 it did not mean everything changed overnight, I remember my body was week, and whilst I maintained myself reasonably well, I lived off cartons of soya milk, sweets (candy) and cigarettes for a few months after. Outside my flat (apartment) everything moved, like me slowly, but beautifully as thereal world came into focus , of course I worked on making spiritual progress, I held my own prayer and meditation session everyday after consuming my morning tea, you know us Brits, smoking a couple of fags (cigarettes) and returning to bed for my own session, and it worked, I slept well and slowly, very slowly I got better for which I am as grateful today as I was then.

You see in my case on the 14th of Feb., when alone and unaided I had become so debilitated by alcohol I could only crawl on my belly on the floow and heave myself into bed , there was no doubt, after 30 years of drinking I wasn't going to wake up in the morning, I've told of my ,'spiritual experience' on this site a number of times , so I'm not going to repeat myself, did I hear a cheer?

Safe to say, it really is ,one day at a time, Mike W.