Notices

I found this site yesterday, registered today

Old 09-23-2010, 06:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I found this site yesterday, registered today

Hello,
I just registered so I figured I'd start by posting here, as I'm a newcomer to this site but not a newcomer to sobriety (I have a little over 3 1/2 years).
This is my first week back at work after 4 weeks spent at home with my 3 month old son. My wife worked during this time, and in addition to watching my son I was also trying to bond 2 dogs and get them acclimated to living with us. As a result, I was not able to make it to nearly as many meetings as normal.
By the end of the 4 weeks I could feel the promises slipping away and I began to understand what it feels like to be a dry drunk. I had no desire for a drink, but my perspective and attitude had taken a noticeable turn for the worse; I found myself looking forward to the routine and schedule of a work week.
I felt better immediately upon my return to work and (more importanly) my regular meeting schedule. I have continued to improve as the week goes on. My job has a fair amount of down time, and during some of this I decided to see what was out there in the on-line world in the hope that I could find somewhere to occasionally check in at work and a tool to use if I find myself out of my normal routine again. I googled around a bit, stumbled upon this site, looked around, and decided to register. And from here I'll see how it goes...
Old 09-23-2010, 01:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Journey of Recovery

Welcome to SR LD!
Old 09-23-2010, 01:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Behind the Red Door

Welcome to SR! You'll like visiting here.
Old 09-23-2010, 01:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks! I like it so far- I've found plenty of interesting stuff.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

'Dry Drunk'

Hi, you're welcome to this site, it's helped me enormously, unfortuanately unlike you I do not have the availability of,'good' meetings, so whilst I've been sober about 952days, when I found this site it was wonderful! I hope you stay.