Notices

The Morning After...

Old 02-07-2011, 12:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Morning After...

Today, I find myself here, not ever being in the position of admitting I am sick. It's the day after another night of drinking, passing out, admitting to my husband (who is overseas) that I had too much to drink last night...again. He's seen the problem escalate. He's heard my slurring voice on the phone while I've tried convincing him I have it all under control. I don't. I can't control it. I'm powerless. I've had friends tell me they're worried about me. My parents have taken notice and have confronted me about it. All the while I've told them that I'm fine, not to worry. But I'm not fine. I have a problem. And that's why I'm here & I'm so grateful to be here...
Old 02-07-2011, 12:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
i've done my almost

Hi T2B-

I remember being exactly where you are right now.

I'm not sure what I was more fearful of - knowing I had a BIG problem or knowing I was going to have to quit...forever.

Nice work - posting here.

Do you think you're an alcoholic? That's a good place to start.

We can and do recover. I'm living proof and you can be too.

Kjell
Old 02-07-2011, 01:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. You might get more responses if you put this thread in Newcomers. I'm glad you found us.

Never mind, I see that you have posted there. Again, welcome.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome T2B, you made a good choice coming to SR, hope we see more if you. There are good people here who can give you courage and support when you need it.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am new here and will post in Newcomers but I wanted to add my thanks to this group. After almost 15 years of sobriety I relapsed a couple times. I searched, went to a few meetings and searched again...I found this site and truly believe it is the right place. Nothing has helped me as much in the last few weeks. I was sobor and struggled for almost six months and now believe I can make it again. Thanks to everyone who has helped me with their stories and wisdom.