Notices

About the love addict

Old 06-08-2010, 09:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

About the love addict

Hi I'm TLA
I have just come out of the most damaging relationship of my life apart from the ones in childhood. I've discovered that I have Obsessive Love Disorder, as a result of not feeling loved as a child. I was sexually abused from the age of 2 till 14.

I've been doing a lot of reading about it, started a blog about it and finally today took the step to completely block my ex from my life. I wish I felt better about taking that first positive step but I don't.

I'm floating in the abyss. I'm stable and not suicidal, been through that. Just terrified, and lonely.

I'm taking steps to get the psychological support I need, well at least I'm procrastinating about it. I have good support around me who will keep encouraging me to take the steps to recovery. I need to do this for myself.

Any advise at this point would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Have I missed the point?

Okay, I may have completely missed the point here, I understoodthat this site was called the Sober Recovery Community, dedicated to those who suffer or have suffered from alcohol or narcotics abuse, and whilst I feel sorry for your plight and your emotional sduffering with what seems to be an emotional condition that's way above my 'pay grade', to offer, support or advice or assistance on I still can't see any mention of any form of alcoholism or narcotics abuse that relates to being a,'love addict' .

Perhaps a bit more clarification, I think that would really help , okay.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Posted wrong place

Hi 43395
I posted this in the wrong forum.
Feel free to discuss anything you like.
TLA