Notices

I was dying slowly

Old 02-24-2010, 11:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I was dying slowly

Thats where i was when i got sober.It was April 1st 2001(and no the irony of it being April Fools day has not escaped me). I was at the edge of an abyss that seemed bottomless and was ready to jump in and end it all. It was a dark horrible time and i knew i just couldnt go on any more.
So i got on my knees and asked my higher power(whom i choose to call God) to help me.Within 15 minutes a friend of mine was at the door and asking if i was okay. We talked, we cried, and i got sober.
I could go on for hours about my addiction and the hell it was but then i am sharing with people who know EXACTLY what i am talking about and that gives me an amazing feeling of love and understanding from you people who i have never met and yet we have all been in the same place at one time.
I cherish my sobriety and i cherish those of you who help keep me that way.Yes its a selfish program and we must WANT to get sober anmd clean, but i truly believe i can only stay that way by talking with people who know what its like.Thank you to each and every one of you and if i can EVER do anything to help anyone who visits this site, just ask and if its possible i will do it.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It is good to hear from you and thank you for your offer of help. I think it is important to remember our illness is called alchol-ISM, the alcohol isbut a symptom, it's the -ISM's that are the problem, once you have learned to deal with them, helping others comes naturally. I thank you again for your time and effort, may the god of your understanding go withnyou. Mike W.